iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Another Rust Reaper success story

Started by Warbird, May 19, 2008, 04:42:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warbird

The Mrs wanted me to start mowing the yard, as some of the weeds/grass were starting to get a bit tall.  We've got one of those non-powered cylindrical mowers (like they used in the old days).  As the thing turns, each blade rubs on a straight, fixed piece of metal.  Well, the whole thing, blades and all, got really rusted as it sat in the shed over winter.  It sounded absolutely hideous, squealing and screeching as I rolled it out of storage.  I figured the rust would grind away after a few passes but that wasn't the case.  It continued sounding worse and worse and it didn't cut worth anything.

So I wheeled it into the shop and ran a bead of Rust Reaper along each of the blades and along that fixes piece of metal.  Even put some on the bearings, for good measure.  You honestly would not believe the difference it made.  The mower cuts better now than it did last year when it was new.  I'm not sure if lubing the blades makes it cut better but I'm not kidding...  that thing is a weed mowing behemoth now.  And best of all, no screeching!

Dave Shepard

No screeching is good, no matter the circumstances. :D

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Warbird

Hmmm.  Good point.  I wonder if RR makes wives stop screeching?   smiley_eek_dropjaw

Jeff

It can. As long as you get it and fix what she wants fixed in a expedited manor.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

OneWithWood

an expedited manor

is that what you are going to call your new castle in the UP?   :D
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Jeff

Nah, shes not concerned to much about that. Its when the bathroom floor falls through here while I'm up there is where things get interesting. :D

Warbird

Rumor has it, Rust Reaper will even help with that.  ;) :D :D

Jeff

It did.  smiley_smug01 I used it on the rusted up old hold down bolts on the toilet and on the channel locks that I needed under the sink.

Thank You Sponsors!