iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

rotary converter problems

Started by kelLOGg, February 11, 2012, 09:01:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Al_Smith

If you are running multiple motors from a rotary converter and are really all that concerned with power factor here's a simple solutuion .Simpley add the appropriate sized running caps to the individual motors .

Unless a person were running voltage senstive CNC machinery it's really of little consiquence .Most people on this forum or the ones I've made rotarys for are just tickled to death to be able to run a Bridgeport mill,big table saw  or something of the like .

Just like most things ,you can get elaborate about it .I myself have enough brains to design a voltage sensative network to stage capactors in and out as needed except for the fact I subscribe to the KISS principle --Keep -It -Simple -Stupid . ;)--junk yard dawg --still . :D

kelLOGg

Quote from: Al_Smith on April 26, 2012, 08:41:53 AM
If you are running multiple motors from a rotary converter and are really all that concerned with power factor here's a simple solutuion .Simpley add the appropriate sized running caps to the individual motors .

That is a clever idea for multiple motors.  If I start running more I will keep that in mind.

Bob
Cook's MP-32, 20HP, 20' (modified w/ power feed, up/down, loader/turner)
DH kiln, CatClaw setter and sharpener, tandem trailer, log arch, tractor, thumb tacks

Thank You Sponsors!