iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

cordless chain saw

Started by Doug Wis, September 25, 2018, 10:33:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Percy

It's odd you are having problems with the dewalt lithium ion batteries.  I had nothing but problems with my old dewalt ni cads and was hesitant to get the lithium ion stuff as it is rather expensive. I bit the bullet and to my surprise,the dewalt lithium ion stuff has impressed the heck outta me. In your case, I guess sometimes life just ain't fair. 
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

lxskllr

Quote from: Southside logger on September 26, 2018, 10:48:10 AM
It's my understanding that chaps don't do nearly as well in protecting you against those either - maybe it's due to the torque range.  
I've heard that. Found this video on youtube...
Electric Chainsaw vs Chaps - YouTube
As always, YMMV. Like kitties, it's best to stay away from the sharp parts, and don't tempt the fates.

Dave Shepard

This is most, but not all, of my Milwaukee batteries and chargers. Some are from 2010. I'm all Milwaukee, and no regrets.

Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

stihltoomany

Sorry to hear that you are having trouble with the 20 volt lithium ion I am quite heavily invested in DeWalt 20 volt lithium ion batteries and tools at the moment although I bought a Hitachi 18 volt set lithium ion batteries when they very first come out I believe that was 5  to  8  years ago years ago and they are still working great but I do not use them the way a contractor would use them
Way too many saws, mostly STIHL
Bobcat S650, Bobcat 331 excavator Bobcat A770
and other dirt toys
Looking for hyd bandsaw mill, Timberking used maybe? NOT anymore!
WoodMizer LT40 super

FloridaMike

I have the Dewalt 60V chainsaw and already had 6 of the 20v/60v flex batteries (for 7 1/4" circular saw and weed-wacker).  It will never replace my gas saws for falling trees or major work, but for small jobs and random cuts, I have been very impressed.  Batteries are about 3 years old, with no problems.  Also Wife loves it (she hates pulling a cord).... and so far hasn't found a way to break it...yet.
Mike

Thank You Sponsors!