iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Homelite 410 worth the money

Started by Shellbark, January 10, 2012, 11:38:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shellbark

Hi everybody.I like to collect saws,but I like for the saws I buy to be somethin pretty good.The biggest Homelite i ever used in this series was a 360,which I liked pretty well.Anyhow,I found a nice 410 today thats been used very little ,still has original bar.Guy is askin $200 for it.It starts and idles and runs like a new one.Is it worth the money?

lumberjack48

Looks like new, runs like new, worth every penny  8)
Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

Shellbark

I bought it.Runs and cuts like a champ.Pretty fast cuttin saw actually.Id compare it to my 365 Husky as far as power and speed.Seeps a ton of chain oil out when its sittin,left the floor board of my truck absolutely soaked.But hey that will keep it from rustin.I mixed some Stihl oil pretty rich to run it,instead of a bottle for 2 gallons ,I put a full bottle for about a gallon and a half of gas.Like I said before,I really like these older saws.They take me back to when I was just a kid and started cuttin firewood.I started out with a 240 Homelite,dreamed one day of gettin a 330.

Thank You Sponsors!