iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Anchor Seal or Baileys end sealer

Started by Stephen1, October 29, 2008, 10:27:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephen1

I almost gave up on trying to get some logs, I figured the best I could do was take my mill to my Sugar Bush and drive 2hrs back and forth to cut some wood, low and behold I get a call from a Tree guy, wants to know if I would like a couple of trees. I will post some pictures ltr, I now have about 40 spruce, tamerack , I have another 30 hardwood logs some maple, soft & hard, black walnut, & elm. It should keep me busy all winter cutting on the little mill.
Now the question is I need to seal the log ends, I know it is a little late, had them about a week now. Which is better or do I go with Baileys , FF sponser.
Do I Coat the end of the softwoods?
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

Burlkraft

I use Bailey's Seal and I like it just fine.

Works as good as anything else I've used on green logs

I've had some turning blanks coated for 2 years now and they're still lookin' good  :) :) :)
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Kelvin

Last i checked bailey's was about $80 del. to me and if i bought 3 buckets, anchorseal was $59 each delievered.  maybe one doesn't matter so much.  Bailey's are great people.
KP

Thank You Sponsors!