iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Today's Walnut Delivery -- Thank You Local Tree Services !!!

Started by OffGrid973, October 07, 2016, 12:04:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OffGrid973

Starting a week of vacation in t-minus 5 hours, and my delivery showed up just in time today. Special thanks to you tree guys who help out the local woodworker, you have no idea how much we appreciate it !!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMp3q69vfTI

Your Fellow Woodworker,
- Off Grid

Chuck White

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Brian C.

drobertson

only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

scleigh

I got a load last week as well

Some nice logs, some not so nice

When this guy calls, you never know what he might have on the truck

taylorsmissbeehaven

Some guys have all the luck. Great scores both of you. Happy milling!! Brian
Opportunity is missed by most because it shows up wearing bib overalls and looks like work.

WV Sawmiller

I went over and got a small walnut from a friend today (13"-14" diameter). One 8' and one 6' log and a couple of tops and such. He already had it topped but we had to use a snatch block and long cable to keep it from falling on his neighbors drive. They were amazed at the green chain saw chips and ring on the fresh cut log.

Then we loaded a couple of small ERCs on top. None over 7' long I think.

I sure envy you your loader in that first picture. Was a lot easier than mine. I put the snatch block on the front of the trailer, one end of the cable on the log and other to a tree behind the trailer, left the ramp down and slowly drove forward causing the log to slide right up into the trailer. The guy was impressed with that technique.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Thank You Sponsors!