iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Business is good!

Started by logman81, July 31, 2016, 10:25:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

logman81

Well things are looking up for me. Despite some major repairs to my skidder and my delivery truck i was able to recover quite quickly thanks to my valuable customers who bought my firewood and trusted in my business. Things have been gaining speed pretty quickly as i have already out grown my wood splitter and will soon be getting my first small processor. The demand has been strong and steady for firewood despite last year's warm winter. Ive actually raised my prices and have actually sold more wood this year than last year. I picked up a wholesale buyer who wants 200 cords which helped push me into the processor. So im looking at 275 cords of green wood not including any seasoned wood. I hope others are doing this well. I still have a bunch of oak saw logs that need to be havested, hopefully ill get to that in the next month or two.
Precision Firewood & Logging

Bill Saf

Glad to hear things are looking up for you. fire_smiley

Bill

logman81

Thanks bill, its been a really long up hill battle but i see a good future ahead of me.

Wallys World

Just wait and see what the processor can do for you! It really speeds things up especially when working by yourself. Hopefully I can get processing this week but I need to replace 6 hoses on my little backhoe boom. Time, what is that? And work a 40 hour a week job from 1 - 9pm.
Wood-Mizer LT28G25, Wood-Mizer EG10 Edger, Wallenstein Timber Talon log loader trailer, Wallenstein GX640 wood splitter, Wallenstein WP835 Fire Wood Processor, Kubota BX 22 TLB, JD 445, JD Gator, Home made arch, Stihl 024 Super, MS251, MS311, MS440 Magnum & MS660.

logman81

Right you are im looking forward to pumping out alot of firewood and not having a soar body afterwards.

xalexjx

time is my biggest thing too, with a 7-3 job and still doing 30-100 face cord a week from stump to split, so close to puting someone on the processor full time just to keep up with the orders, glad to hear your doing good, i wasnt sure what this year was going to bring but have been as busy as most other years.
Logging and Processed Firewood

logman81

This is my job so time is money.  I have no choice  but to produce.

logman81

Well its official i put the down payment on the processor yesterday and they will be putting it together and delivering it soon.

WmFritz

~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

Loesshillslogging

Curious, how much do you net per cord? I am focused on the numbers this season and not trying to pop your bubble by any means. If you don't want to share that's fine too, margins are thin for me so every penny counts.

logman81

It varies a little but i wouldn't take the chance if i wasn't making a profit.

Wallys World

logman81 - Good, you will soon be on your way to not having a tired back from blocking wood and splitting. I still can't get over how much the Wallenstein will save in manual labor and it is not even that fancy.
Wood-Mizer LT28G25, Wood-Mizer EG10 Edger, Wallenstein Timber Talon log loader trailer, Wallenstein GX640 wood splitter, Wallenstein WP835 Fire Wood Processor, Kubota BX 22 TLB, JD 445, JD Gator, Home made arch, Stihl 024 Super, MS251, MS311, MS440 Magnum & MS660.

hedgerow

Quote from: Loesshillslogging on August 04, 2016, 09:19:51 AM
Curious, how much do you net per cord? I am focused on the numbers this season and not trying to pop your bubble by any means. If you don't want to share that's fine too, margins are thin for me so every penny counts.
I would question that also. Their area must be a huge differance than were we are. I just don't see a lot of firewood usage around here at all. I burn 10 to 15 cord a year and that is huge in this area. Two years ago I had a big area in my pasture that had a lot of elm and locust trees. I only burn locust and hedge as it takes too much elm to do the same amount of heating I saved a fair amount of the elm logs from the burn piles thinking I could maybe could sell them for a little to help buy some fuel for skid loader hours spend cutting them . No luck I couldn't give them away. No one wants to cut wood and the ones that do have plenty of wood as a lot of land has been cleaned up in this area. Now all the elm is going to the burn piles. I think as long a LP is cheap people around here aren't burning wood. You just don't smell wood burning in towns in the winter like you use to. 

logman81

Yes you are right about that it is a simple machine in design. And yes no more sore back at the end of the day it will truly be a  blessing.

timberlinetree

I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

logman81

logman81

Got a call from the dealer this morning they are delivering the processor Saturday morning!

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

logman81

Wish i could but it wont let me.

Wallys World

Don't forget to sleep tonight!!!

logman81

Lol didn't do to much of that.

logman81

Well the new machine is working out very well for me very happy with it. I makes it easier and way faster then a splitter that is for sure.

Wallys World

That's great! My wife and I cut a truck load this afternoon. It sure does make the work easier. You will be filling your orders fasterwith less wear and tear on your back!

John Mc

Haven't figured out the pictures yet? You have to upload them to your gallery first
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

logman81

Thank You Sponsors!