iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Norwood OS 23 sawmill

Started by adirondacker, April 15, 2019, 06:15:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

adirondacker

To anyone who can help. Am looking for an operators side prop hinge support (Right) for my sawmill cover(Norwood OS23). I contacted dealer BUT they don't seem to be able to help....with just one it stresses opposite side. If any of you good people know where I could get TWO...I would place on my mill. The supports don't necessarily need to be from a mill.
Thank you

thecfarm

adirindacker,welcome to the forum.
Sounds like a dealer don't want to be a dealer with support like that. :( :o  I wonder if a call to Norwood would get you better service?
What's the lumber going to be used for? First time around a mill?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

adirondacker

Thanks for responding. My calls were to Norwood. That's the point of all this.
Mainly pine, spruce , hemlock, some black cheery

Dana Stanley

How old is your mill? Is it still under warranty? I was just looking and noticed under their warranty the clutch is considered a consumable! Can you match your part on Amazon or ebay? Its a sorta strut like for a hood or trunk right?
Making Sawdust, boards and signs.
Woodland Mills HM-126
Kabota B-7800 with backhoe and loader
Ford Ranger, Husqvarna 455 20", Mac 610 24", other chainsaws 14", 23 ton log splitter
Matthew 3:10

luap

I know nothing about a Norwood but it sounds like you are describing a gas strut as used in  automotive applications. You can purchase them through any auto parts just by the dimensions or online, Rock auto or probably Amazon.

marcnaz

If you are talking about the 2 part metal door prop that allows you "prop" the door in the open position I can't think of any way to damage them that wouldn't be repairable which may be why they don't list it as a replacement part, but if you have lost the parts I would think a hydraulic lift strut like luap suggested that would allow complete closure and then hold it when open should work and likely be better than the original configuration. I just assembled a OS31 and was already thinking of getting some struts to replace the funky door props. McMaster Carr sells them in various lengths and strengths and they are likely much cheaper than the replacement props would be anyway.  Fabbing your own like the originals using simple metal strap/bar the same size should also work I would think. They are a pretty simple design.
USAF Retired

Thank You Sponsors!