iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

stihl 661 price

Started by caveman, August 08, 2018, 04:34:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

caveman

What would be a price for a new Stihl 661 with a 36" bar that would be too good to pass up?  A former student of mine is managing a couple of Stihl shops and he has one that has been on inventory for quite some time and he would like to move it to make room for some higher volume units.
Thanks
Caveman

slider

My dealer has a brand new 661 that came out before they changed to m-tronics ( my wording may be may be incorrect) . I found it in the back of his shop and asked about it . He said it was not for sale. Now you have me wanting to try again. If you don't get an answer pm  me and I will go by and ask.

I have a brand new 880 with a 36 in bar that will stay new . It's just too heavy . the only time we use it is on the monsters.
al glenn

Huntr41

I just bought a used one (looks almost new) was a year old for 850 came with 3 bars and 4 chains all great condition, 20, 28 and 32 inch bars
Love it been cutting some 30 to 40 inch red oak and cuts it like butter!! I can run the 32 yellow full bar and keeps right on cutting.

killamplanes

New here 1150 with 25in bar chain. 
jd440 skidder, western star w/grapple,tk B-20 hyd, electric, stihl660,and 2X661. and other support Equipment, pallet manufacturing line

rasawing

I bought a 660 brand new in 2012 (with a 32" bar) for about $1200. And I thought that was a pretty good deal. 

caveman

Thanks for taking the time to answer.  
Caveman

slider

Kyle , I talked to the stihl tec here this morning and he said those saws depending on what year had some up grades done to them . If it has been upgraded it is a go if not you may want to pass. You may want to discuss it with your friend before you invest. If he can't help get me a serial # and I will run it by my man.

I would love to have one. My 461 with a 32 in bar is for now the one I use on the big stuff in our tree work . The 880 is just fine for cutting off a large stump but for dropping one it is difficult to get your notch and hinge set with this big saw.
al glenn

caveman

Thanks Al.  If I get a chance tomorrow I can ask him what the serial number is.  He said he could sell it for $1100 (before tax) with a 36" bar and two chains.  
Caveman

caveman

The serial number of the 661 is (1 83 361 948 ).  Other than the first "1" designating that it was built in Germany, I do not know what any of the other numbers indicate.
Caveman

slider

Kyle will go by first of t week I will check if he can help.
al glenn

slider

Kyle  I saw the stihl tec today. The upgrades included the ecm or control  module . The others were minor . the saw you are looking at has the old style ecm which was what concerned him. not cheap . After # 183981428 they have the new style ecm. Good luck.
al glenn

caveman

Thanks Al.  We will pass on it.  
Caveman

Thank You Sponsors!