iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Need some cold weather!

Started by reswire, August 17, 2014, 07:10:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reswire

Don't know about you guys, but I just can't get motivated until it hits 60 degrees or below.  Can't stand it in the teens (too cold for an aching back), but a nice 40 degrees with little wind is all I want and need.  ;D  Then I can saw and saw and saw some more.   I went out to the mill a couple of days ago, and proceeded to sweat like a bad boy in a good church. It was a little past 90, too *DanG hot.  Good thing I'm a spoiled hobby sawyer, I'd starve to death otherwise. ;D ;D
Norwood LM 30, JD 5205, some Stihl saws, 15 goats, 10 chickens, 1 Chessie and a 2 Weiner dogs...

clww

It hasn't hit 90 here at The Beach since July 28th. We've been very blessed with a cool summer this year. I hate it whenever it gets above 70, but not many complaints about the heat from me this year.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

red oaks lumber

if you dont like the heat move, or change occupations
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

Chuck White

Been real nice here (except for the occasional rain) with morning temps ranging from 45° - 60° and PM temps around 75°.

I know it won't last, the temps will hit high 80's when school starts again!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Southside

Was not all that long ago when guys were posting for a break from the cold....
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

kczbest

Fall, Winter, and Spring I'm good. Mississippi summers are not fun, even though this has been a very mild summer overall.
Hail State!
2013 F150 Supercrew 4x4
John Deere 5303 4x4 with FEL
Cook's MP 32
Cat 289C with Bradco MM60 Forestry Mulcher Head

justallan1

After spending the last month cutting hay in a nice air conditioned swather the first thing I got to do was change a bunch of bearings in our disc that the neighbor had borrowed so I could use it. It was only about 90, but if I was told it was 130 I would have believed it. :D Some days it's free money and some days I have to earn it.

Allan

sandhills

I'm with you Allan, we've had a very nice summer and the last few days only got into the 90's but man what a change, just not used to it I guess.  We've been through July and now halfway through August with few hot days, kind of worry about the crops but sure has been nice to work in.

chevytaHOE5674

Come on UP we've had some mornings in the 30's with frost already. Daytime highs have been running in the 60's. Nice working weather if it would stop raining every day.

r.man

The daytime temps have been in the 70s with the night being cool to cold for summer. I like it but recognize that it is bad for the overall economy here. We are a tourist and cottage area with people coming to enjoy the lakes and the out doors. It seems like it has rained almost every day for a month and businesses are starting to notice their numbers are down. Not hot enough to drive people out of the cities and certainly not a fun time at the cottage/resort/rental most weeks.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

Corley5

It's been a really nice summer here as long as you're not into water sports.  We haven't seen ninety and have only been in the mid 80s a very few times.  Most days have been in the upper 60s to low 70s.  We've ran the OWB quite a bit to take the chill off at night.  Quite a bit of rain too although it did get a bit dry for a couple weeks but then we got three inches of rain a few days ago  :) 8)  Supposed to get a good shot of moisture the next few days too.  Just a good old fashion Northern Michigan summer like we haven't had in years.  I'm not looking forward to winter but it's on its way.  The leaves are changing.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

reswire

Quote from: red oaks lumber on August 17, 2014, 08:05:40 PM
if you dont like the heat move, or change occupations

I don't consider my hobbies to be an occupation, maybe you do?
Norwood LM 30, JD 5205, some Stihl saws, 15 goats, 10 chickens, 1 Chessie and a 2 Weiner dogs...

beamero

The heat is fine; it's being in direct sunlight that wears me out!
2014 Wood Mizer LT40HD
Frick Circular Mill
Ford 555C
Massey 275; 202
Cat D4C XL
Cat 420D IT

goose63

Sat and Sun was hot but yester day I had me winter jacket on the wind was cold
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets