iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Woodmaster planer/molder SALE?

Started by maxomatic, October 21, 2011, 08:46:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maxomatic

I've just started looking at planer/molders, and I noticed that the Woodmaster series is on sale until Nov 16.  The 718 model is going for $1995, with free freight ($99 for curbside).  

Is this an unusually good deal, or does this price come around often?  I've been too quick to click "buy now" in the past when I've thought I've found a great deal, only to find out the item is always "on sale."

maxomatic

I've just started looking at planer/molders, and I noticed that the Woodmaster series is on sale until Nov 16.  The 718 model is going for $1995, with free freight ($99 for curbside).  

Is this an unusually good deal, or does this price come around often?  I've been too quick to click "buy now" in the past when I've thought I've found a great deal, only to find out the item is always "on sale."

hackberry jake

They always have a sale or promotion going on.
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

redbeard

Also contact owners and talk with with them. In my area I was amazed at how many were in millwork business.
Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

rph816

They've been running that "sale" at least once a year (+/- $100) for as long as I've been getting the literature (6 or 7 years).  We have 3 of them and a 38" drum sander.  It's a great machine, but I wouldn't rush it if you don't have to.  The pro-pack is worth it too btw.

Ryan

maxomatic

Great, thanks guys.  I thought that might be the case.  I'll put my credit card away.   ;)

leroy in kansas

We have owned the 718 series in the past. Used it for mill work and as a gang saw and it did a great job. My only complaint was it was slow, slow, slow.

JV

I get flyers from time to time, but haven't paid much attention to prices.  They list at over 3 grand so I don't imagine they will drop much more.  I don't know where you are located but I see used ones come up occasionally and with the economy they don't usually bring a high price.  I bought one at an auction a few years ago pretty reasonable.  Plugged it in when I got home and the feed motor ran backwards, the guy had it for over a year and never used it.  Check Ebay and Craigslist.  They are a decent machine for a small shop with multiple purpose capablilty but they won't hog material.
John

'05 Wood-mizer LT40HDG28-RA, Lucas 613 Swing Mill, Stihl 170, 260 Pro, 660, 084 w/56" Alaskan Mill, 041 w/Lewis Winch, Case 970 w/Farmi Winch, Case 850 Crawler Loader, Case 90XT Skidloader, Logrite tools

oakiemac

I have got the 718 and used it when I first started out but it is way too slow and flimsy to use as a production machine. I use it now just as a moulder for short runs. If you were doing a lot of mouldings then you would definately want something different. Works ok for orders of a few hundred feet of baseboard or casing and such.
Mobile Demension sawmill, Bobcat 873 loader, 3 dry kilns and a long "to do" list.

Thank You Sponsors!