iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Patti's benches

Started by Den Socling, August 12, 2015, 03:39:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Den Socling

A couple months ago my wife wanted an ugly Hemlock slab to make a bench. I said we have lots of nice wood. Don't waste your effort on that. Then like a dummy, I gave here a few pieces of Jarrah. If you aren't familiar with the stuff, it's from Australia, it's heavy as the dickens and it's hard as a rock. I don't know how she did it but she built this bench.

I taught her how to use the planer, table saw and router table. I gave her some White Oak. She took some old castings and made two of these.

She got on a roll. As soon as one was done, she started another.

She likes Red Beech from New Zealand and I have a lot of the stuff from schedule development.

This is wormy beech. Her favorite.

This shop was already out of work space!

Look at this fancy nightmare.

Now she's out there working on two projects at once!

21incher

They all look great. Looks like you will need a bigger shop soon.  :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

mesquite buckeye

Pretty neat. ;D

She is very creative. ;D 8) 8) 8) 8) :snowball:
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

samandothers

WOW!  You created a craftsman craftsperson craftswoman!
Great looking work!

Den Socling

I'm proud of that woman!  8)

Ozarker

Bill Gaiche

Looks like you will be going on the road to sell some of those nice pieces. bg

Den Socling

She wants to sell them to help Jessica go to Saudi Arabia to see her sons.

WDH

Now go ahead and get her a bigger shop, now  ;D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

clww

Time to put an ad on your local CL.
Those look fantastic! :)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Jemclimber

Thanks for showing, they are very creative!
lt15

lowpolyjoe

thecfarm

Looks like she is a good learner because she had a good teacher!!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Den Socling

Thanks thecfarm.

She was madder than a wet hen this morning. The drill bit in her Kreg pocket screw kit broke! She promptly called and they calmed her down by promising to send her a new one right away.  :)

PC-Urban-Sawyer

Somebody needs to tell that lady that after she finishes the project it has to move out of the shop...

Great work and wonderful to see her getting so involved in creative woodworking.

Herb

hackberry jake

I like the fancy one! You could probably collapse it and store it under a bed fairly easily as well!
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Den, your wife's work is awesome. Do you have a talent?  ;D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Den Socling

Some people might say I have a knack with vacuum kilns.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Den Socling on August 13, 2015, 07:47:48 PM
Some people might say I have a knack with vacuum kilns.

:D Good answer DEN. Just poking at ya. Your wife does make some nice benches though.
Those are surely in the $300 range.

Den Socling

Guess what. I got an order from Louisville Slugger last week! I've been trying to sell them a vac kiln for years.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Den Socling on August 13, 2015, 08:14:10 PM
Guess what. I got an order from Louisville Slugger last week! I've been trying to sell them a vac kiln for years.

You want me to negotiate this deal for you?  :D :D :D :D :D

Den Socling

Thank you but it's for a whole lot more than $300. And we're shipping a new model to WA next week http://www.pacificrimtonewoods.com/ If I had my grandsons back, I would be in heaven.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Den Socling on August 13, 2015, 08:31:43 PM
Thank you but it's for a whole lot more than $300. And we're shipping a new model to WA next week http://www.pacificrimtonewoods.com/ If I had my grandsons back, I would be in heaven.

Good website! I wonder if they ship the wooden bricks for a fireplace to the public?

Magicman

Patti could become the official "Bench Lady". 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Den Socling

Miss Bench Wench has turned out another one.

The base is Red Beech again. I forget what the slats are. It's something somebody sent from South America. She has also been building shelves. Not your average rectangular shelves.

]

She isn't interested in doing anything simple.

Thank You Sponsors!