iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Braden winch

Started by Scott, July 23, 2006, 11:12:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott

I was at a yard sale yesterday an they had a braden winch there for 50 dollars. I don't really have much use for it but it would be pretty cool to have. I'm thinking of going back to see if it's still there. Is it worth the 50 bucks?

WH_Conley

I have had couple of braden winches over the years, pretty good stuff.

I have stripped gears from way to much HP going in and too much load, not the winch's fault.

Pull the side plate off before you buy, if the gears are worn the point of being sharp, leave it alone, parts cost too much. If no excessive wear I would think it would be worth that much regardless of capacity.
Bill

Scott

Thanks WH. When I'm in a bit better shape I'll drop by the house and make them an offer. They had a small engine (about 10hp)  there too. It must have been the power source. :)

sawguy21

A lot of heavy trucks use Braden PTO winches. They are generally pretty much bulletproof but some guys can destroy anything ::)
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

junkyard

I had a Braden on my 420 J.D. crawler. Pulled more than the tracktor would and never a problem. Used to park the crawler behind a stump and winch loaded trucks out of the rough spots.
      Junkyard
If it's free, It's for me. If for pay, leave it lay.

Thank You Sponsors!