iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

240a wiring

Started by timberjack 240a, May 22, 2016, 05:35:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

timberjack 240a

I have a 1986 timberjack 240a with a 3-53t. I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get a wiring diagram for that. Or if anyone knows why my hour meter would continue to run with the machine being off and batteries would be dead. Thanks. Any info would be greatly appreciated
When all else fails, cut it and see what happens.
2016 kenworth t800, rotobec elite, timberjack 240a, deere 450j, kobelco 70sr, mahindra 4035, to many saws to count

ohiowoodchuck

Switched power to hour meter not turning off causing hour meter to run. I don't have a diagram but that's my thought.
Education is the best defense against the media.

ehp

If your disconnect is turned off there should be no way your hour meter can keep running . That is unless someone has cut into the wiring and then hooked the hour meter straight to the batteries to get its power

timberjack 240a

The meter won't run with the battery switch off but as soon as I turn that on it starts building time running engine or not.
2016 kenworth t800, rotobec elite, timberjack 240a, deere 450j, kobelco 70sr, mahindra 4035, to many saws to count

Plankton

Sounds like whoever wired it up connected it to a constant 12v source. Just wire it onto the keyed 12v on the ignition switch so it starts turning only when you turn the key on, that's what I did on mine. Or put it on a positive post on one of the guages.

timberjack 240a

Thats my problem. No key switch on old timberjacks and it seems all of my gauges are getting power all the time. I wanted to see if i could get my hands on a wiring diagram to make sure everything is hooked up properly before i pull it all out and start over. Or if anyone had run into a similar problem. Thought i might be missing something.

Neilo

Power to the hour meter should come from the alternator (Auxiliary from memory) , not the battery. Check with a test light or volt meter for terminal on alternator.

Thank You Sponsors!