iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

hurricane

Started by timberfaller390, August 23, 2008, 04:39:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

timberfaller390

Just wondering how all you florida boys made it through the hurricane? I went to Miss. after katrina with a state chainsaw crew, boy that was a miss.
L.M. Reese Co. Land Management Contractors
Stihl MS390
John Deere 50G excavator
John Deere 5103
John Deere 440 ICD dozer

Rocky_J

And what hurricane would that be? We haven't had any hurricanes yet this year. We did have a little storm that dumped rain on us for 4 days, but it sure wasn't a hurricane.

DanG

Thanks for thinking of us TF390. :)  This one never quite made it to hurricane status but has not been all that pleasant, either.  It has been, and still is, a major rainmaker.  I'm still right in the middle of it, and other Forumites are still in the path.  Most all the damage is due to flooding, with a few trees being blown over.  There is more about it on the "Weather" thread on this board. ;)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Slabs

Since WOODBOWL hasn't checked in yet I'll jump out of turn.  The center passed over about 4 this afternoon without any rain.  Only recorded 1.25 inches since midnight.  Tonight and tomorrow may be a different story.

Anybody notice them two smudges off the winward islands are up to a 50% probability of development?

www.nhc.noaa.gov/gtwo_atl.shml
Slabs  : Offloader, slab and sawdust Mexican, mill mechanic and electrician, general flunky.  Woodshop, metal woorking shop and electronics shop.

Teri

I got 20 inches of rain here, and I was flooded in until yesterday. Plus I had the tornado in my neighborhood.... :o  :(

BillG

It's amazing at the differences in rain totals during this storm.  In Tallahassee we have some places that received over 20" already with still more to come, and some places with "only" 9-10".  The flooding is pretty widespread and a lot of the tree related damage I think is the result of saturated soil not providing enough support.

We'll see what happens over the next couple of days.  I do not remember a storm though that touched every single part of the state this way.  Oh, and FOUR landfalls? WOW!

Thank You Sponsors!