iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Englishman in the USA

Started by RWTF, August 13, 2019, 02:10:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RWTF

Hi there, visiting the Asheville NC, until the 30th of August and looking for a few sawmills to visit. I've been operating my on LT40 for the past 15 years. Last visited the States in 2012 and saw a few mills and found it really useful. Can anyone help. Thanks, Rupert.

nativewolf

Nice place to visit!  Lots of members fairly local to there, especially considering distance to UK  :D.  Do you have your own transportation ?  If you are  willing to drive a couple of hours you'd be in range of some of our better sawyers.  
Liking Walnut

KenMac

Check youtube for Charlie and Sarah and also for Out of the Woods Forestry. Both are close to Ashville I think. 8)
Cook's AC3667t, Cat Claw sharpener, Dual tooth setter, and Band Roller, Kubota B26 TLB, Takeuchi TB260C

Sixacresand

Welcome back to the USA, RWTF.  There are definitely some skilled Forestry Forum Members in the South East who produce nice wood products.  Maybe some will extend an invitation.  Enjoy your visit.  
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Southside

I believe @SawyerTed is pretty close to where you are.  
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

SawyerTed

Would be happy to have a visitor.  I'm sawing everyday now.  A visitor would provide a break.  

I'm actually about 20 minutes north of Winston Salem NC.
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

scsmith42

Hi Rupert.  I'm about 4 hours east of Asheville on the SW side of Raleigh.  You're welcome to stop by.  
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

SawyerTed

Had a great visit from Rupert and his son today.  We talked about species we saw, sawing technique, challenges and the equipment we use.  I also tried to help him find other operations to visit.  His visit likely helped me more than it did him.  That's me on the right.

I really enjoyed meeting him and his son Lorne.
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

thecfarm

Always nice to meet FF members!
Rupert,you are along ways away from home.  ;D  
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!