iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

LT 70 parts question

Started by just_sawing, November 26, 2006, 07:15:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

just_sawing

FF really came through a few months ago well here is a nother cunumbriam.
Does anybody have the different cross over numbers for the different filters for the LT70 cat engine. I have the napa number for the oil filter thanks to you guys but it is time to change the other filters also.
You can follow me at
www.http://haneyfamilysawmill.com

slider

does anyone know what size belts are on the band wheels ? thanks.
al glenn

Mooseherder

Wix makes the Napa Filters. The Wix Filters have 4 numbers, The Napa Has 5.  Just Drop the First Number off the Napa Filter and the last 4 numbers will be the same for both.  I replaced mine and changed the oil this summer in my mill motor even though it isn't operational yet. ;)

Bibbyman

Quote from: slider on November 26, 2006, 08:52:36 AM
does anyone know what size belts are on the band wheels ? thanks.

I think they may be B72.5 WM Part#: 017922

You should be able to find that in your parts manual in the discription field. 

If you're planning to go get one in town maybe try taking an old belt for them to measure.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

customsawyer

I use the goodyear B 72 belt as I don't like to have any sawdust build up under the belt and it also makes it easier to put blades on. They are a little difficult to put on and you have to cut them off but that makes for a little bit of trouble every 500 hours or so rather than every blade change. On the LT 40 I used B56 belts and they were alot tighter going on but still worth the trouble IMHO.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

gmmills

The NAPA fuel filter number is 3166.  The water separator filter, fuel shut off glass bowl, NAPA 's cross ref does not have a match for the CAT number. They have to make a call tomorrow and let me know.  The air filter can be one of three depending on what year of 70 you have. The early 70's had the same filter that was put on the 35 hp Wisconsins. My mill is an early 2005  and has a bigger Donaldson canister on it. The later models have an Enginair VLR system on them. The Napa number for the Donaldson is 6489.
Custom sawing full-time since 2000. 
WM LT70D62 Remote with Accuset
Sawing since 1995

Thank You Sponsors!