iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Volume Tables

Started by ACracing, April 13, 2010, 01:21:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACracing

I'm looking to find some volume tables, standard or local.  I'm trying to put together some numbers for SYP, Slash pine to be more precise.  Also, if anyone knows the equations, I will input the data and make some.  Anyway, thanks to all in advance.  This my first post, but I've been reading post for a few weeks.  This is a great forum.

Texas Ranger

USDA Forest Service produces a little handbook entitled "Tables for Estimating Board-Foot Volume of Timber".   Available at US Government Printing Offices.  Stock No. 001-001-00024-8, Catalog No. A13.2:T48/17.

Three major tables, 1/4 inch, Doyle and Scribner.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Tom

Welcome to the forum, ACracing.  You might find some help in the  "Tool Box" too.  Click on that little red tool box on the left side of the page, under the sponsor list.

WDH

The Georgia Forestry Commission has weight and volume tables for southern pine.  Search the Georgia Forestry Commission on Google and I am sure the you can find a link that will lead you where you need to go. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

fishpharmer

Welcome to forestryforum ACracing.   8)
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

SwampDonkey

I use Standardized volume tables while cruising, but ours are total merchantable volume based on total utilization standards down to 4" top. Not worked out for board footage alone because that jacket wood is all used. Mines not for SYP, I'm in NB.

Welcome aboard, seems to be a few cruisers on here signing up the last few months.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!