iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I need a Debarker,

Started by 123maxbars, November 15, 2012, 10:43:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

123maxbars

After operating/owning my LT35 Hyd for the last year and a half I am happy to announce they now offer the debarker for my model. I hope to have it sometime this winter.  I saw mostly poplar/pine and a little cedar and walnut.  I get my logs from the local loggers who skid them out of the woods. Some are really clean but most have a decent amount of dirt/debris on them. I am hoping with the debarker I can get some decent blade life before sending them to resharp.  I average about 300bf before the blade gets pretty dull.  I would LOVE to get 450bf or more. And when I say I get 300 thats the best case senario.  I probably average 250bf.  I could probably push the blade longer but I hate wavey cuts. Anyways this post is for the people who had the LT35 before the debarker was released. Up until a few weeks ago it wasnt avaialbe for LT35 models that were built last year. I hope to get mine when they are doing thier service loop next year. 
Sawyer/Woodworker/Timber Harvester
Woodmizer LT70 Super Wide, Nyle L53 and 200 kiln, too many other machines to list.
outofthewoods
Youtube page
Out of the

Chuck White

For what it's worth, I run an LT40HDG24 with a debarker and I average 600-800 bf before I need to change the blade!
Sometimes I even get a little more, depends on the logs!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Woodsrover

Are you washing the logs?  I pressure-wash all my dirty stuff and it helps a lot.

123maxbars

No on the pressure washing, My mill isnt anywhere close to a water source, 
Sawyer/Woodworker/Timber Harvester
Woodmizer LT70 Super Wide, Nyle L53 and 200 kiln, too many other machines to list.
outofthewoods
Youtube page
Out of the

Bibbyman

We rented a power washer one time to use on some mud and creek gavel packed logs.  It got the mud off but left rocks and grit ground into the bark. Washing the logs was time consuming and a mess.  At least that was our experience.

Debarker may not get all the mud and rocks out of deep, soft bark.  You'll still want to clean the ends.  We try to clean up the exit side too.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Ga Mtn Man

I need a debarker too.  Does anyone have any close-up pics of the new LT-35 debarker?  It looks simpler than the one on the Lt-40.
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

timberjackrob

i wonder if the lt35 debarker could be made to fit the lt28?arent they basically the same saw carriage?
208 timberjack, woodmizer lt28,case 455 trackloader with gearmatic winch,massey 4710, ford f250s ford f700

submarinesailor

Hey Marty,

WIll the debarker mentioned above fit the LT35 we picked up around 5 months ago.

Bruce

MartyParsons

Hello Bruce,
Your LT35 revision A1.01.  At this time only revision A 2.00 and newer can be equipped with the Debarker. WM is working on making it available in the future.
The LT28 can not accept the Debarker you will need a heavier charging system to keep the battery charged. The LT 35 has an external alternator.
Marty
"A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." -Winston Churchill

submarinesailor

Marty,

Thanks for the info.

Please let me know as soon as one is available for the 1.01.

Bruce

MReinemann

Quote from: Ga_Mtn_Man on November 16, 2012, 06:18:34 PM
I need a debarker too.  Does anyone have any close-up pics of the new LT-35 debarker?  It looks simpler than the one on the Lt-40.

Thank You Sponsors!