iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

couple pics... post what your currently cutting

Started by RunningRoot, January 27, 2015, 08:41:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BargeMonkey

If its local wood / long term customer it's cheaper, I've got quite a few who buy ahead so it's not a huge rush come fall. 
 FINALLY back in the woods. 🤣 Finished the one job today, I've got about 60 trees to pick up next door and I'm loading, my loader has some issues and needs a trip to the shop ASAP. 

I figured I was short a couple for another load so I grabbed a few good ones. 

Right behind in the picture it turns to flat out drop off ledges, I've got a road cut down thru them to the bottom, I gave up this winter fighting it in the snow, should be done tomorrow. 

Its never to late to truck wood. 
  Gf has been pushing the ring thing, basically said she is leaving, went thru my phone and now realizes what she will be replaced by when / if she goes, so now she is at my job every night making sure a replacement isnt there, landowner was almost rolling on the ground in tears because the possibility of 2 showing up at the same time the other night was going to happen and it's a 1way dead end road. 🤣 

mills

Dang it Barge, you surely do believe in burning the candle at both ends, in the middle, and up each side.  :D :D :D

thecfarm

Now are you talking about work or women? Both? :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

mudfarmer

Testing pics from phone???

Clearing lot for neighbor, some big (for me) EWP, ton of firewood, few nice hardwood saw logs

Logger RK

I do understand how awkward 2 showing up at once is. Especially if ones a twin. But sometimes it works out ok. 

teakwood

Quote from: Logger RK on July 06, 2018, 07:23:12 AM
I do understand how awkward 2 showing up at once is. Especially if ones a twin. But sometimes it works out ok.
 yeah, it's definitively nasty!!
National Stihl Timbersports Champion Costa Rica 2018

luvmexfood

Quote from: teakwood on July 06, 2018, 08:26:56 AM
Quote from: Logger RK on July 06, 2018, 07:23:12 AM
yeah, it's definitively nasty!!

Back in my Tomcatting days I could take one out on the side and go a hundred miles and still run into someone that I knew. 
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

chevytaHOE5674

Not cutting any wood, but finially a break in the weather to knock down some hay.

My helper just can't seem to stay awake on the job.

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

mudfarmer

BargeMonkey

I dont mind "hay season" but it's getting old quick. Took my shirt off tonight and the GF about fell over, torn up from literally crawling in the chamber of our square bailer tonight. Lost a arm off the tedder and it went in and it wasnt pretty, 3hrs later I got it out.

You never have the fittings you need. 🤣 I have alot of NPT and JIC with adapters I can make about anything work, had trouble with a hugger today.

Moving iron for another guy I'm working with.

I wouldn't want a light 300hp tractor to move that loader, heavy isnt the word for it.

It was a nice picture I got the other day, everyone thinks logging is hard try and keep a handle on a store and inventory. 🤣 Honestly unless I get some dependable help I think I'm going to park the logging operation come fall, to many irons in the fire. 

barbender

I get wore out just reading your posts 😮
Too many irons in the fire

nativewolf

Some of you guys that do hay...I think that's the first think I'd contract out.  That's the one that just isn't worth it to me, too much specialized equipment, I'd rather buy it or pay someone cut and bale.   
Liking Walnut

mike_belben

I thought you were gonna say she swooned to death and then the other one gave her CPR.

Hay looks like a good way to generate deductions.
Praise The Lord

chevytaHOE5674

I bale for my own cattle and then custom bale for a few other people. Last few years the custom baling part of my farm has been the money maker, as we have been retaining our heifers to grow the herd.

Farming is just like logging, spend a lot to try and make a little. Hahaha

dustintheblood

Haying.  Been there, done that for years.  Can't say I miss it. hahaha!

Work never scares me, it's finding help that I don't scare.
Case 75C, Case 1494, RangeRoad RR10T36, Igland 4001, Hardy 1400ST, WM LT40HD, WM Edger, ICS DH Kiln

BargeMonkey

We only have 1 barn left for hay already, this should be interesting shortly. 

Everything is getting new LED lights, 🤣 Trying to get moved off this job, finishing up the dirtwork in the dark. 

Rather be cutting wood than driving truck but you cant pick them sometimes. I've actually grown fond of that Mercedes truck, it's not a Cat but doesnt complain much. 

BargeMonkey

FINALLY getting cleaned up 😂 Log jobs coming out of my ears. 

Ran dozer till 10pm, this food plot is basically finished, 2 more for tomorrow. 
Got a nice picture of one of our trucks yesterday, if it fits it ships 😂 

BargeMonkey

Slowly gaining, 2 /3 jobs wrapped up on this job, 1 days worth of wood down over the bank left to go. 

Poor Barko needs some shop time shortly, still hammering wood out. 

I've always loved hearing how NY state is flat and nothing but pavement 😂 found this trail sign the other day while out by Hunter, your getting out in nowhere at this point. 

Been doing the 7am till midnight thing, 😂 finishing up the last of the food plots for the landowner. 

👎👎👎 At least the beer is cold for hay season 😂 

Still cranking out firewood and sawing some wood when we can, did some 18' oak for trailer planking the other day. 

mike_belben

Theres not much flat land at all on 84 or 88, i can say with certainty.  

What makes NY unique is that they insist on installing enormous potholes right at the bottom of the huge camelback hills so that when you hammer down to get speed for the 5 minute skyward climb, you hit the bridge joint/pothole fast enough to get launched into the air.  This ensures youll have about a second of pause to wonder if the kingpins/front axle/radiator et al will still be in the truck when you touch down.  That thought slams to a halt the moment you realize they also located an immediate merge onramp full of metro NY/NJ animals who should only be licensed to drive in a bumper car rink with the little electric whips that allow an appointed sane person (the 14yr old bumper car attendant) to actually shut them down when it gets too hairy.

PA has something similar but replace the concentrated merging urbanites with dispersed venison and free coal just laying there.  

Only thing i been cuttin lately is tires.  Tars if youre south of the MDL. 3 last week, 2 yesterday, 2 today.  Banged out a 7min change today.  nascar..   im available.
Praise The Lord

longtime lurker

What do you want to go way up there for? There's no logs up there!
You won't make money!!
Nothing in that country except rubbish!
It'll never pay!

You're mad!!!

15 days. 350 ton. 2 files a day, chain and sprocket every 2 days. Bar every 2 chains... all the that nice red sand inside and out takes a toll.

Good to know I can still saw production like a youngster. ..but man my wrists never used to ache like this.  I got 10 days for R&R then back for another gi at them. Makes me miss my sawmill anyway
The quickest way to make a million dollars with a sawmill is to start with two million.

nativewolf

Lurker: what type of Euc is that?  It's a long straight pole for sure.  That's serious $ is consumables, hope the logs pay well indeed.

Liking Walnut

BargeMonkey

Lurker- that's a stick of wood buddy 😂 

I'm not sure how wet you other guys have been, hasnt been good here. As much as I wanted to get this job finished I've hung around the sawmill. 👎 
 Just keep cranking it out. 

He was about 50ft off the road, turned and looked back at me as I got the phone out as he ran up the hill, yrs ago you would see 3-4 a yr, now it's a couple a week. 

longtime lurker

That log went 56' long by 37" diameter at the midpoint - or in heavy euc hardwood about 13 tons. Got a couple close to him in size but the bulk was more like the little guy he was laying on and a lot of them. He's Darwin Stringybark.

Consumables are.... consumable. I'm being paid to fall on production, and I've never seen the economy in losing a thousand dollars in production a week for the sake of saving a couple hundred in bars and chains. So I set them up to cut fast knowing they're going to wear fast because of it and mostly its a win for me. 395 Huski, 24" solid nose bar, 404/063 semichisel and the rakers filed down a lot more then recommended so she spits chips not dust. Makes for a fast cut... but its kinda hard on my wrists and im not 18 no more. Or I used to do this production felling for a living before I got my own mill and back then it was an 076 and I think I shook them to bits (my joints) 20 years back. :D

I was pretty glad to get home I can tell ya - this 2 days driving 12 days work swinging a saw like I mean it isnt as much fun as it was when I was a kid. Good $ though.

The quickest way to make a million dollars with a sawmill is to start with two million.

mike_belben

395 will give ya carpal tunnel pretty fast, was killin me enough to finally get my 372 together.  But in wood like that boy i dunno.  What was that diameter on the stump?
Praise The Lord

Thank You Sponsors!