iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Bad coil on new 3120?

Started by Timberwerks, October 11, 2004, 06:37:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timberwerks

Anyone ever get a bad coil on a new saw? This 3120 has less than three tanks of fuel run through it and I now get no spark. The pug is good. The on/off switch is good, I pulled the blue wire off and still no spark. Anyone ever have this happen on a new saw?

Dale

ehp

Hi, I have had that on the 372's and the 066 stihl's. Now what coil do you have cause they have change them, If you are not getting warrantry on it let me know cause i have lots of them here , i donot use them on racesaws so i have a pile of coils here   8)

Timberwerks

The dealer has a new coil coming in for this week under waranty. I guess from what he said one out of a hundred saws could have a bad coil. John Deer riding mowers had a problem similar to this not to long ago he said. I'll put the coil in myself and get it up and running for some weekend milling.

Dale

ehp

Thats good , if he doesnot just tell me what year your saw is and the number of screws holding your coil in and i will just send you one , they are no good to me

Timberwerks

Thanks for the offer I appreciate it. Hopefully things go well and the saw will be up and running by Friday.

Take Care
Dale

Thank You Sponsors!