iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Need a little help from the doctor?

Started by edkemper, October 22, 2015, 05:04:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

edkemper

This is one of the trees in my front yard. Don't know what it is and would like to know. However, the real reason for this post is what the cancerous looking growths are on the trunk. Between some of the bark where there are cracks, there is a brown furry/powder looking debris that makes me wonder about the health of the tree. It's a big one and I'd hate to have it come down and damage the house.

Any help would be appreciated.

Old Man

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

mesquite buckeye

Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

WDH

The growth looks like a burl.  I would not worry about it.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

sandsawmill14

hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

edkemper

Cool. Thanks for the help. Wish there was a way to get it on the ground. Very busy road in front, busy road intersecting the very busy road. Far to many cars, far to many wires, far to tall, plus the fences to deal with. Would have to close everything down but it would look good on my mill.
Old Man

Thank You Sponsors!