iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Something you don't see everyday

Started by Bob Dilts, January 14, 2009, 06:39:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Dilts

my bil found these deer locked together while snowmobiling ,coyotes had eaten the hind quarters off the 12 point and where trying to bring down the 11 point. His soninlaw shot it with a bow.

Mobile Dimension 128,D&L Double Cut,Gehl skidsteer,Logosol planer,Husky saws.

ARKANSAWYER

You are right!  We do not see snow that often here.   :D  :D  :D

Nice deer.  The coyotes can eat the gut piles.
ARKANSAWYER

Tim L

The NH fish and game has a mounting of two moose locked together. It might be on their website.
Do the best you can and don't look back

Jeff

Boy, that one rack sure has some mass.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Sprucegum

I have heard if it but never seen one before  8)

chevytaHOE5674

Happened here a few years back. One deer was dragging the dead one around backwards, and the coyotes had eaten most of the dead one. I was surprised the coyotes hadn't taken the struggling deer down sooner.

beenthere

Wonder if they are going to try to eat the deer taken with a bow?

From what I've heard, the meat may be bad from struggling so much. At least the old timers that used snares to catch deer said it made the meat quite rank.

Maybe you can verify, or negate that.   :)

Here is another     ...  and some brave (or a bit naive) people helping out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6-ZdwA03PI&eurl=http://www.fishingminnesota.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/1625788/Video_release_of_locked_bucks&feature=player_embedded
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

SwampDonkey

I've seen moose muscle one another, right up close. It wasn't violent, not that it couldn't be. There were about 3 rows of planted spruce between me and them. Moose are almost invisible in among dark conifers. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

iffy

My son works with wildlife and parks and they hear about several lockups every year from our state. By the way, if you find a locked up pair, and if fish and game will let you keep them, DO NOT SEPARATE THEM. Particularly if one or both will qualify for P&Y or B&C. Locked up racks are worth a lot of money if you don't want to keep them yourself.
A number of years back I was friends with a game warden who related the story of his first lockup. Farmer found a pair locked up in his milo stubble, both still alive but very tired. Called the game warden. They drove out there and made a plan to try to bulldog the deer and get a blanket over their heads so they could work on them. While they were discussing who would be the bulldogger and who would be the blanket man, the deer solved the problem by throwing themselves. Got the blanket over their heads and the deer quieted down. Got a hacksaw and sawed one antler off the smallest buck. Only problem now, how to let go? The deer were pretty ticked off, and they were afraid if they pulled the blanket off, they would be the first target. So, they decided on the count of 3 to both jump up and run to the truck, which they did. Smaller deer got up first, looked around and headed south toward I-70. Big buck got up, couldn't shake the extra antler and blanket, so also headed for I-70. They heard some tires screeching, but the deer emerged on the other side.
They figured the drivers who saw the deer with the extra antler and blanket probably wondered just what all these Kansas boys do for fun. :D :D :D

Thank You Sponsors!