iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Coyotes Howlin'

Started by Hilltop366, September 29, 2009, 08:01:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hilltop366

Been hearing coyotes barking and howling back and forth to each other just about every night for the last three weeks a few nights ago one was about 200' from my house the others were along ways away (To the south of me) I could barely hear them, every few min they would start again each time the others were getting closer, After 4 or 5 times I could here the group of about 3-4 coyotes run across in front of my house then one tripped on a fence wire I could here the wire rattle then they started howling again (to the north of me now) the lone coyote that was 200' from me moved closer to around 100' he is the one you here the loudest.

Turn up the volume and have a listen!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3MrcUUzKgo

Roxie

Wow!  That's really interesting!  I had the volume on, and Cowboy Bob said he thought one of the noises was a "distressed rabbit". 

Thanks for sharing that!   8)
Say when

beenthere

Old thread, but just was entertained by a bunch of coyotes howling outside near the house.

Pretty loud and must have been 5 or more with so many overlapping sounds at once.

Very similar to this video posted by Hilltop366 a few years ago.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Raider Bill

I enjoy listening to them sing until they get on a kill then it turns heinous. As much as we've explored the area we have never found a den.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.
My advice on aging gracefully... ride fast bikes and date faster women, drink good tequila, practice your draw daily, be honest and fair in your dealings, but suffer not fools. Eat a hearty breakfast, and remember, ALL politicians are crooks.

dutchman

I'll be headed to northern Pa. Sun. morning.
I can hunt coyote at night close to the farm house.
Hunt grouse durning the day.

Mooseherder

I've heard a few on our property while we were sitting around the campfire.
They weren't far away.  I've also seen one pouncing on a mouse one night when we pulled into the lot.  He kept right on pouncing while I shined the headlights on him.  He was a big one.  The ones we have seen while atving have been much smaller.  We aren't there but a few weeks a year to have had that many encounters, they must be real thick.  I know the mice are thick if that's part of their diet.

CJennings

I had them howling on three sides of me, following me out of the woods when it got dark on a bear hunt 2 years ago. That gets your attention, when you notice there's more of them than you have bullets for your rifle.

drobertson

Wish I had a recording just before dark this evening, yotes within 100 yards of the coop.   Birds were out on this fine day enjoying a warm day, missy got riled up, and I got the 270 out, but no takers,  good for all the way I see it,  don't need any varmits getting the hens.
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Mooseherder

Quote from: CJennings on January 15, 2015, 04:39:26 PM
I had them howling on three sides of me, following me out of the woods when it got dark on a bear hunt 2 years ago. That gets your attention, when you notice there's more of them than you have bullets for your rifle.

They'll scatter quick when you take out Alpha male.

Autocar

This past Saturday they killed ten in our area that evening you could hear some barking back along the rail road tracks it is amazing how many there are in our area. I was hunting with a friend in Alberta on private property and his son killed a buck right at dark myself and his daugther went in there direction and there were coyotes going nuts in the thicket where they were gutting the deer it made my hair on my neck stand on end. Alberta farm county when it is dark it's dark  ;D.
Bill

Thank You Sponsors!