iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Timber King 2000 manual

Started by wesdor, August 24, 2013, 10:22:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wesdor

Long story, but I am headed to Washington state on Friday to saw lumber for Holden Village.  They have a new TK2000 and I am trying to get a digital version of the manual to read on my way out (taking the train).

I contacted Timber King on Thursday via thir web site, but received a computer reply saying something like if you are asking for a quote they would get back within a day.  If anything else they would get back when possible.  So far I have heard nothing from Timber King.

Today I was able to use a TK2600 that is at least 15 years old.  That makes me feel a bit better - seemed like a nice machine.

Is it possible that I can download a manual somewhere online?

My experience is with Wood Mizer but I am hoping the transition won't be too difficult.

Any advice from you TK users?

Ga Mtn Man

TK2600 ???  Never heard of such a beast.  Maybe a 1600?

Anyway, call them on Monday and ask for Matt.  I'm sure he can get a manual to you one way or another.  In the mean time watch this video:

http://youtu.be/YHBwLBSod2w
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

beenthere

wesdor
So you decided to take the sawmilling job. Congrats.

You said you were familiar with the place and it should be a great time.

How long will you plan to be at Holden?

Do you have internet service and phone available to use when you set up the mill? Hope you will send out some pics for us.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Tom the Sawyer

Wesdor,

I have a .pdf of the manual but it is too large to attach here.
Email me directly and I'll send it to you.
07 TK B-20, Custom log arch, 20' trailer w/log loading arch, F350 flatbed dually dump.  Piggy-back forklift.  LS tractor w/FEL, Bobcat S250 w/grapple, Stihl 025C 16", Husky 372XP 24/30" bars, Grizzly 20" planer, Nyle L200M DH kiln.
If you call and my wife says, "He's sawin logs", I ain't snoring.

wesdor

Ga Mtn - that looks like a helpful video.  I'll watch it for sure.

Tom - pm sent

Been There. Yes, we worked out a tiny window of time.  I can only give them 2 weeks.  Internet up there is S L. O. W at best. I plan to take pictures but will have to wait until I get home to post them.
While sawing, you can glance up and get a great view of Bonanza and Dumbell Peaks.  Behind you are Copper and Buckskin peaks.  For flat landers like me it is always jaw dropping.

Thanks everyone for your help and encouragement

wesdor

GMM - great video, looks like the set works is not that difficult to use.

Tom - the PDF arrived quickly and should be great help. It is already loaded on my iPad.   No need to call Timberking tomorrow.

Thanks to all for your assistance

Ga Mtn Man

Video comes courtesy of Forestry Forum member Larry Copas in Arkansas.  Glad it was helpful.
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

Ga Mtn Man

wesdor-  You may want to read through this thread.  It has some good tips on getting the best accuracy from the TK setworks.

https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,67627.0.html

Regardless of what the version of the manual you have says, you should set the DEL setting to 5.

redbeard

Wesdor I searched the village and found it to be very intriguing. Wonder if there planning to saw some of the timbers from the mine. Also the carpentry from past projects is top notch. Hope you have a fun milling venture take lots of pics. I will be following there Facebook page.
Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

wesdor

Not sure if this project will make their Facebook page. I'll try to take pictures and post when I get back home.

Some background - my wife and I first went to Holden in 1969 and have gone back many times since.  Have worked on staff many times since 1999 and have been able to do lots of historical research.  I have collaborated to produce several historical videos. 

The mine has been full of water for several years, so there is no possibility of sawing timbers from inside.  Currently the mine is being totally sealed and water reclamation installed downstream.

From 1937 to 1957 the Holden mine was one of the largest producing copper mines in the world.  It brought needed jobs to the Chelan area during the depression.  The mining and administration families that lived there (a few of them for the entire 20 years) thought it was one of the greatest paces on earth.

In 1961 it was given to Lutheran Bible Institute after letter writing by student Wes Priebe.  Holden has operated as a multi generation non-denominational retreat since 1962. 

The tailing piles are huge and have been considered a super fund site.  Holden has been closed to visitors during last summer and this summer while several hundred workers complete the mine remediation project.  It is my opinion that the Village will be closed through next year, but I'll know better once I get back.

From my viewpoint it is great that they are taking the opportunity to give serious attention to the historic buildings.  I know the village plans to use historic methods to keep the buildings as close to original condition as possible.

The lumber I will be cutting is intended for use on the updates to the buildings that were built in the late 1930s.

Holden has been our second home for over 40 years and helping with this project is a labor of love.  Perhaps I should post some of the historical photos, but with thousands in possession it is hard to know where to start.

Will_Johnson

Hi Wesdor:

I am sorry for any confusion. We got two requests for manuals from Holden Village last week. I handled the first and assumed -- apparently wrongly -- that the second (which must have been yours) was redundant. To be fair we were quite short-handed late in the week (which is why I was doing this!). Haste makes waste. Please email me directly at wjohnson@timberking.com and I will reply with an electronic copy. It's a big file -- about 4 megs -- so need to be sure your in-box can handle that.

Best,

Will

wesdor

PM sent.  Please note, Tom the Sawyer provided me a copy yesterday of revision 08-10. 
My guess is that you can take this off your desk - hope tat helps in the short handed area.  We have a similar problem where I work

Thanks for your offer

beenthere

Will
How did the first mill get damaged, that the second one had to be sent to replace it?

And is wesdor going to be setting up the mill?  Just curious.

My brother tells me he hauled the damaged one back to the boat, and picked up the new one delivered, maybe in June. He wasn't too aware of what kind of mill it was or any of the "damaged" details when I fired a bunch of questions at him. Glad to hear wesdor is going to be helping them out.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Will_Johnson

The cutting deck on their mill as it arrived off the ferry at Holden Village was not to spec.

We determined that the best and simplest way to get the customer up and running quickly and to their satisfaction was to ship them a new mill and take back the original mill.

We covered the expense of getting the mills back and forth to Washington, they were kind enough to cover the ferry expenses.

That's how we do things around here: we make sure that our customers have machines that meet everyone's standards even if, in some cases, we lose our shirt on the deal.

TimberKing Advantage.

Nuff said.

Will

beenthere

south central Wisconsin

wesdor

Interesting story that I'm beginning to piece together.  Last week when I sent an email to Timberking, referencing Holden Village, it seems that someone from Holden also sent an email requesting a manual. 
From what they tell me at Holden, Will sent them the manual immediately.  I'm guessing that he thought my request was a duplicate.  Holden told me over the weekend that they would overnight a package to me, but Tom had already sent one to me. 

It seems that Timberking went the extra mile to get Holden the documentation we had all requested, but the confusion was on our part.

Been There - it sounds like your brother is currently at Holden.  What is his name?  It will be a pleasure to meet someone there related to the Forestry Forum.

beenthere

wesdor
No, sorry, he is not still at Holden. He and his wife were there for a couple weeks in June.

Wish you well with the mill, and hope to hear some stories and get some pics of your venture. Sounds like a very interesting place to hole up for a while.
south central Wisconsin

Thank You Sponsors!