iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

scare last night

Started by trapper, January 29, 2021, 12:02:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trapper

Went to fill the owb before bed last night.  Recently had a leak patched by a stay pin and check water level often.  center boilerl classic.  No water in the  sight tube,  leaking that fast would be bad.  Pulled tube off fitting and water came out. Last time I checked all the water must not have drained from the sight tube and froze. I guess all is well that ends well.
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

DeerMeadowFarm

hedgerow

Trapper
Glad you weren't out of water. I am nursing a leak on my Garn with high temp silicone. Trying to get by till spring before I drain it and see if I can repair it again. Had a leak two years ago in a different location. 

jerry sundberg

Where is the leak on your Garn?
Farmall  man

hedgerow

Quote from: jerry sundberg on February 10, 2021, 07:25:41 AM
Where is the leak on your Garn?
New leak in different place. This time its leaking around were the blower housing is welded to the front of the tank. I am guessing another one of there fine welds failed again. Got it some what sealed with high temp silicone. Leaking about a quart a day. Trying to get by till spring with out draining it. Getting close to throwing in the towel on the Garn. 

jerry sundberg

I remember you saying a while back you were having some issues, sorry to hear of another one. I've had my Garn 10 years now and no leaks yet only a crack in the air manifold which doesn't hurt any. What model do you have? Mine is a 1500. Do you get a lot of huffing while in operation? Mine will if I burn soft wood loaded full so I crack the door open about a 1/4". I think the huffing causes the metals to flex and over time will create a fatigue crack especially at weld joints.
Farmall  man

Wood Shed

I know the feeling as my CB 6048 is half way through its fifteen season and when I get back home in mid March I will burn wood till the end of May or when ever it is warm enough to start using the air conditioner.  I hold my breath with fingers crossed every morning before checking things for leaks, that sight tube is my main concern everyday.  Glad to hear you had nothing serious wrong.
A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in." -Greek Proverb

hedgerow

Not bad on the huffing. I always load a piece of wood side ways in the front and that seems to help with the huffing. My air collar is deformed and cracked at the bottom inside the door also. That seems to cause no problem other than it doesn't look nice. My Garn is a model 2000 and was built in 2009 and I started using it that fall. Spent $3,000 on the last leak two years ago. Called Martin again this time at Garn and he will be no help this time either.Hope it can be fixed. I about ready to throw the towel in on the Garn. 

ihookem

Thank You Sponsors!