iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

the strongest portable winch?

Started by ray299, June 16, 2017, 08:34:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ray299

Hello, I'm looking for a winch I can hook up to the ball on my trailer and pull cars up onto it. I have a small portable winch that does the trick but it's taken a beating and it times out a lot more than it ever has. I'm looking for a good replacement. Anyone have any suggestions? My budget is only about $200, otherwise I'd get a solid mount winch...
TIA

Crusarius

I may get flamed for saying this but, best bang for the buck would probably be the harbor freight family of winches. I also think you can get the HF remote control for all of them. This really is a nice feature when loading cars on a trailer.

Magicman

You will find that there is no "flaming" here on the Forestry Forum.  Those that do might find themselves being "former" members.   :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

DelawhereJoe

Yes the Harbor freight 12k winch is on sale again for 286.99 with the coupon. Probably not going to beat that price....9k on sale too for 249.99.
WD-40, DUCT TAPE, 024, 026, 362c-m, 041, homelite xl, JD 2510

Crusarius

I knew there was a reason I barely browse any other forum. :)

And it is only $40 for the wireless remote package for it.

Magicman

Actually there is one "Northern" company that does not get welcomed here.  They were caught stealing designs and marketing knockoffs of some of a FF Sponsor's log handling products.   smiley_thumbsdown
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!