iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

King Tractor Auction Highlights

Started by Corley5, March 28, 2005, 09:27:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corley5

We left Mt Vernon Ill about 5:30 AM headed for Columbia City, Ind and eventually home ;).  We had good weather to start but it was raining again by the time we went through Terre Haute, In ::) and it rained on and off much of the way to Fort Wayne where it turned to snow ::)  We got a room at the Motel 6 at the U.S. 30 exit in Ft Wayne and we at the Fairgrounds in Columbia City with a little time to spare before the tractors started selling at 2:00PM.  Next year we want to be there for all three days of the sale.

Snow

Adams Road Grader with IH W-4 power train = $3,100.00

JD 730 Diesel Std with pony start = $6,700.00

AC G used to cultivate tobacco last year = $2,500.00

JD 430 crawler with fire plow and 868 original hours.  It was owned by the Alabama Forestry Dept = $8,100.00

IH 340 Utility = $4,750.00

JD 3010 Gas Narrow Front = $4,600.00

Case 730 Orchard LPG = $8,750.00

Farmall F-12 with push blade = $525.00  Probably shoulda bid on it ::)

Some the auction tractors outside the barn

The 1950 Case DC that followed us home ;D 8) ;) :)  That's me ;D

This was the second year that we've gone to this sale and it's a lot of fun.  It's a good way to get an idea what this old iron is worth.  It's amazing what the right shade of green does to the price a tractor.
The weather was really miserable this year.  Last it was a sea of mud too but this year it was also cold.  The local FFA kids run around with their tractors pulling out stuck trucks and trailers for donations 8) 8).  They musta made real good this year.  There weren't as many tractors this year due to some health issues with some of the consignors and I think some sellers saw what the weather was going to be like and stayed home.  There were only 43 tractors sold on Friday and around 250 on Saturday.  That's off by close to 200 from last year.  We left Columbia City, In at 4:30PM and were back home in Wolverine, Mi at 9:30PM.  The odometer showed 2,189 miles since we'd left on Wednesday night.  It sure felt good to sleep in my own bed that night ;) 
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

etat

Glad i weren't there.  I'd a HAD to a have bid on the Farmall!!!!!!!!!

Wouldn't a cared if it'd a run or not. I'd just like to have had it sitting around to look at!!!!!!!!! 8) 8) 8)
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

Kirk_Allen

well I guess if you went through Terre Haute you missed our place by 9 miles.  We are 9 miles north of I-70 and 12 miles east of I-57.

Terre Haute is about a 30 minute run for us.  When we get that Starbucks itch we make a run over that way :D

Roxie

NICE looking Case!   :)  You're gonna love it!!  Also, great job with the photos! 
Say when

Norm

Thanks for the picture show Corley, sure like that JD crawler but not enough to spend that kind of money. :)

Quartlow

Good thing I wasn't there I want an allis G bad  ;D
Breezewood 24 inch mill
Have a wooderful day!!

Weekend_Sawyer

Wow, great tractors, I would love to have that f-12 with push blade.
I am sooooo glad I wansn't there.
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

redpowerd

its one thing to not bring us all to the auction, but then hes got to post pics and prices.

looks like most of that stuff went pretty high, cept for that f12. nice tractor, should have bought it, steel must have turned alot of people away.

thanks for the pics
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD
northern adirondak yankee farmer

Corley5

JD BW with long frame and special offset rear wheels = $13,000.00

Lehr Big Boy = $2,500.00

MF 50 completely restored with Multi-Power transmission = $4,700.00  I thought this was a pretty fair price for a tractor that could still hold its own today.

Oliver 440 with 3 pt = $5,300.00  You don't see many of these around

This a Parret orchard tractor one of 67 made.  It was fully restored.  I wish the pic would have turned out better.  It brought $16,000.00 second only to the JD 730 Diesel High Crop that went for $18,000.00

Farmall SMTA = $4,800.00  These are really sought after by collectors and probably wasn't a bad price for one.
  More common tractors such as Farmall Hs and Ms went for between $800.00 for a rough one to $2,500.00 for nicely restored machine.  A and B JDs went for a little more.  I was really interested in the Adams Grader to go with my collection of farm tractor graders but not at that price.  The Case DC will fit in nicely with the collection.  We've got a VAC, LA, and an SC plus a D, and a DC-4.  We only need a DO to fill out the Case D models.  The DC seems to run very nice.  The tranny has a bit of a growl but most old tractors have one ;)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

maple flats

I almost bought an allis chalmers road grader about 10 years ago. I saw it in the fall and the owner said he was going to sell it in the spring for $1200 and he was going to buy one slightly larger with hydraulics for everything. Ran good. Many adjustments were manual. I gave him my name and # but he never called. I wanted it to work roads in the woods. Would have worked great in dry areas. I couldn't find him again to see if he changed his mind. Guess I should have gotten more info how to reach him. Live and learn.
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

Thank You Sponsors!