iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Scrounging

Started by Doc Hickory, March 06, 2011, 06:56:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

Quote from: Taylortractornut on March 14, 2011, 07:54:05 PM

Scrappers here had  killed the scroungers like us here.

Most farmers guard their scrap piles, "bone yards", and when they sell out they will hire a scrapper to come in and torch everything to haul off. The thing is a scrounger only takes this and that, while the scrapper takes it all and cleans it up. ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Al_Smith

Quote from: SwampDonkey on March 07, 2011, 06:46:08 AM
I used insulated shed doors on the inside wall of my shop. ;D
My shop which is 60 by 70 is all made of insulated garage door panals .Of course so are the doors .The main 40 by 60 portion which is 10" I beam colums set me back a thou ,used structure .
I bought part of the door hardware at an auction and the rest through a door company .The 3 ,14 high 16 wide doors they wanted 2100 bucks a pop .I had 1800 in those 3,a 10 by 10 and a 7 by 18 .

The 3/4" rebar in the concrete floor set me back 40 bucks for around 7 tons more or less .The 30- by 60 shed roof is made of 3" ridgid conduit with 24" bar joists on four feet centers .The joists were 50 a pop .The roofing is 22 gauge decking .Unfortunately that and the concrete had to be purchased new .All , told 22 grand including the stone for the driveway ,appraised at 90 thou .--and they laughed at Fred Sanford --- :D

Taylortractornut

I usually buy the  whole lot too.     Combines are a   super store of  chains bearings  pulleys and  hydraulics lol.   

I usually pay scrap price to.   What really  made me sick was the   man that  gas axed a Wood Mizer mill.   Had a tree fall on it broke the bolt  tat  holds the bearing mount  in it off and he swore the frame was warped.  Te motor was  using a littl oil  and  he  wouldnt sell it  just drug it out back and  put it in 3 foot pieces.      I did manage to get the  log loader cylinders and part of the turner. 
My overload permit starts after sunset

Woodchuck53

Who's laughing now. Between the trailer house frames and scrap 2 7/8" prod. tubing, 1 16" I-beam I split for the lower cord ( 2 traveling 3 ton hoist) on the trusses I made I have a total of $6200 in my 80x 40x 14' tall shop. Including an 8' apron. Built as a lean to so that I can add an additional 8' ( 16' alley way) apron and then 40x80 x14'  equipment/ lumber shed that will make it a true 80x 96' gabled roof  covered area. All told I should be looking at less than $8000.00 I'll scrounge and hustle any day. Oh and the new mill shed is a recycled barn I wasn't storing animals in any longer. Keep it in our pockets instead of Uncle Tom's Have a safe one.
Case 1030 w/ Ford FEL, NH 3930 w/Ford FEL, Ford 801 backhoe/loader, TMC 4000# forklift, Stihl 090G-60" bar, 039AV, and 038, Corley 52" circle saw, 15" AMT planer Corley edger, F-350 1 ton, Ford 8000, 20' deck for loader and hauling, F-800 40' bucket truck, C60 Chevy 6 yd. dump truck.

Thank You Sponsors!