iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I like cutting wood. Where should go to cut some wooood?

Started by treeclimercj, September 15, 2012, 06:26:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

treeclimercj

I'm a 29 year old tree worker and landscaper Entrepreneur. 3 years experience in the carolinas and just moved back to az to see fam. Out here is some pine tree work but its lame puss wood. I'm looking to having my hands full with tree work, pine trees are boring. I like the big hundred foot oaks that stretch out over roof tops and need to be rigged off, and or just dead wood removal. I also like the sound of wood when it hits the ground; so with that said, my point is that I like to cut woooood. I Have a pretty good arsenal of chainsaws, ropes, climbing and rigging gear and a four wheel drive (country folk can survive) and I want to venture off in the states somewhere for more tree work. So where should I go from here?
Echo cs 271 t, Echo cs 400, Echo cs 530, Echo cs 8000, pas 265 & pass 266 echo attachment series with all attachments, br 420 stihl back pack blower, echo blower, 4x4 v6 Dotson pickup, 1 trailer, lots of climbing gear, lots of rigging gear, and I even got a sky hook!

beenthere

Head for high population areas that have big city trees among houses that are close together. These house owners have little choice but to pay big bucks to take down trees piece by piece.

Then again, with it comes the licenses, the insurance, the permits, the disposal, the chipper truck, the help, ad infinitum and work amongst the cable guys and utility lines.

Prolly not in Prescott, AZ  ;)

Hope it works out for you.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

shelbycharger400

oak trees dont grow in the desert..
make some phone calls and expect to do some serious drivin if your itchin for some dust

1270d

I lived in prescott for a number of years, but left for the same reason. Not a whole lot of logging going on there.  Some up in the bradshaws but not enough. I hear there is a major operation starting up in n. Az.  Temptiing to check it out and maybe move back down.   I do miss the desert and pines.  And quail hunting.  Mostly quail hunting.   

drobertson

Maybe there are some golf courses that need some work done, and in the mean while play a round for us back here in the woods.
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

chain

With your energy and 'want to' all you have to do is place yourself in a community with lots of trees. For instance, our daughter and family lives in Jackson, Ms. in an older residential area. Large pine and oak, beautiful shrubbery, but the trees now are getting old and having to be removed.

Dangerous they are, and very expensive to remove...lots of wind storms..but then again the northeast U.S. has had its share of storms also. Don't over look the large drought area of the Mid-west, trees are going to be dying for a long while, I'm afraid.

tcsmpsi

Certainly, we have a few trees down here, and weather, so thre seems to be continual need for tree removal.  I would have spent 4 fortunes already if I didn't do my own.   ;D
\\\"In the end, it is a moral question as to whether man applies what he has learned or not.\\\" - C. Jung

Thank You Sponsors!