iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What a difference a year makes

Started by chet, April 10, 2013, 07:14:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chet

I went bluegill fishin' today and hadta drill through 23" of clear and solid ice.  >:(  A week earlier than today last year, I was on da same lake with my canoe.  :-\
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

isawlogs

I know how you feel, was the same here, last year the lawn was bare by the end of the first week of march, was green by the third.
A foot and a half of snow is still lingering on in the bush and we are being told by the weather gurus to expect 8 ta 10 inches of new snow starting friday morning then to make things really interesting they are predicting rain for the following week. That is the perfect cocktail for the tide to roll in here......  ::)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

clww

Kind of the opposite here. This past Friday, it snowed four inches at the cabin. Today it was in the lower 80s.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Theloggingkid

Where i live in 1 year it's gone completely retarded with the weather ( all over the scale ), people ( everyone at each others throats ), Jobs ( shortage of job openings anywhere ), Housing market ( houses for sale aren't selling ) and this list goes on and on I don't know if it's something in the air or if it's in the water but holy crap !  :o
Power Machinery-330
Skil saw-1629
Power tuff-AX34
Homelite-XL Automatic, Homelite-XL, Homelite-XL1, Homelite-XL2 x2
Homelite-XL12, Homelite-XL76 x2, Homelite-XL130, Homelite-200
Pioneer-1074, Pioneer-P25, Pioneer-P26, Pioneer-P28, Pioneer-P40, Pioneer-P41 x3, Pioneer-620 x2, Pioneer-650

rooster 58

Trees were leafing out here last year. This year the snow just went out this week. Saw the first spring peepers mid-week. Trees are just starting to bud and it's still very cool.

And the trout streams were overflowing for the opener yesterday. Fishing was poor

thecfarm

There was some temps in the 70's here in March. Really did a job on the apple,fruit trees. Warmed up WAY beyond normal and than went back to normal temps.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

Last couple days/nights we had some white stuff but it's all gone now. Still lots of old snow though in the woods and field edges where the wind deposits it all winter. Fields are 80% bare. River ice is just about all rotted out. No ice in the creek below home, which is a large creek, but not deep except above the mill dam a ways. Everything seems normal from my perspective.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!