iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

forklift problems

Started by xlogger, May 18, 2019, 06:24:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xlogger

Things keep going south for me lately. My old 584 case forklift has been sticking in reverse somewhat for over a year now, with a little taping on peddle it quits but Thursday at the end of the day it stuck for good. I removed the linkage and its for sure in the transmission. I found a mechanic in Va that knows about them and he said if I'm lucky a fork bend inside but he  thinks it worst than that. I'm out of town now but will remove the top plate of the transmission nest week and see if I can see the problem (I'm no mechanic). I'm started looking for a replacement but  for now I do have a tractor with FEL and bobcat to get by. But will sure miss the power of the forklift. 
Timberking 2000, Turbo slabber Mill, 584 Case, Bobcat 773, solar kiln, Nyle L-53 DH kiln

xlogger

Does anyone here have one of those forklifts like they use on docks but have larger air filled tires? They say they good on gravel, wonder how they do on areas with loose crush and run gravel? Or up a hill with hard base clay and rock?
Timberking 2000, Turbo slabber Mill, 584 Case, Bobcat 773, solar kiln, Nyle L-53 DH kiln

hedgerow

xlogger
A friend of mine had one like your talking about with the air filled tires and it worked pretty good were his rock drive was hard. They mostly used it on concrete. They sold it later as it didn't work well in loose rock or in the spring when the drive was soft. A tube mill went out of business about 10 miles from were he lives and they had a 20,000 pound lift it may be rated more than that I will look the next time I am at his place. Its on triple truck tires in the front and single in the back. They used it to unload and move coils of steel around. That thing is a beast but loves soft ground. 

xlogger

I'm thinking I might look at the moffetts, Tom the Sawyer here has one and we pm about it and he is happy with his.

Tom the Sawyer

Mine is actually a Princeton Teledyne.  Several companies make similar models, Manitou, Moffett, Palfinger, LoadMac, Navigator, Sellick, Donkey, Tailgator, etc..  Found mine used on Machinery Trader.
07 TK B-20, Custom log arch, 20' trailer w/log loading arch, F350 flatbed dually dump.  Piggy-back forklift.  LS tractor w/FEL, Bobcat S250 w/grapple, Stihl 025C 16", Husky 372XP 24/30" bars, Grizzly 20" planer, Nyle L200M DH kiln.
If you call and my wife says, "He's sawin logs", I ain't snoring.

Thank You Sponsors!