iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Got this outta my system....always wanted to build a geetar!

Started by FLPINERAT, August 17, 2018, 03:15:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FLPINERAT

'52 Tele body style. Figured Cherry, right now it's got a strat neck I claimed from another guitar we have.

Still deciding on which neck to put on it.

Seymour Duncan pickups.

LaneC

Man makes plans and God smiles

LaneC

Fender sells their stat and tele necks. They are pricey, but that is a nice looking guitar there. Go to their website and you can see them, They are the real ones. fenderguitars.com

FLPINERAT

Probably get a Fender Tele neck. This one came off a fender strat.

When I was mocking it up, I used a different maple neck with a rosewood fretboard and really liked the color combo. Unfortunatly, that neck had other issues. After this one got put on I'm afraid to order the rosewood... the maple sounds fantastic!

WDH

I sell persimmon (ebony family) to some luthiers for necks and finger boards.  It has beautiful grain and is very hard.  For domestic woods, its Janka Hardness Rating is second only to live oak. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

LaneC

I had no idea Persimmon was in the Ebony family. I really love Ebony. I have a special edition strat that has Ebony for the fingerboard. I got it because I love the Ebony on my Taylor. If you wanted something other than the maple, Ebony is a fine wood. Fender may have some new necks with Ebony. If so, That would be something you may want to look at. They are awesome.

Thank You Sponsors!