iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Building a new home, returning to the farm.

Started by SwampDonkey, January 11, 2018, 12:20:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

I don't want to fight the government like the old man in the movie "Still Mine". :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

SwampDonkey

Forms are up to pour the walls today, will take the next photo when the forms come down. ;D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

snowstorm

i see the key in the footing i dont see any steel sticking up

SwampDonkey

They got the walls all poured and started with the forms on the garage and shop, I'd say they are almost half done those forms. Threaded steel rod is in to anchor the house.  :)

SwampDonkey

Took the forms down today and tarred the outside. :)

samandothers

SwampDonkey

We've been laying around the perimeter tile and back filling today. :)

We put down the pipe for the radon gas testing. I wouldn't know how gas would travel through bedrock, maybe. New regs.

Peter Drouin

I use to put the same tar on the 4" lip of the footing [inside] let dry. when you pour the floor over it it will make a gasket.  no gas can get in the cellar.

Don't put in a sump pump. ;)
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

SwampDonkey

SwampDonkey

Starting Monday, on which we begin framing, I am doing a 6 week count down to completion on the house. Well, that is what two contractors told me including the one I chose. So we shall see. :) 8)

Autocar

Looking good and a exciting time for you and family.
Bill

SwampDonkey

We have the walk in and sides of the basement all framed now, the first floor trusses and subfloor are down and should have the first floor framed tomorrow with some closure from what we can reach before staging is put up. Photo at the end of the week. :)

Stephen1

It's all coming together! congratulations on your new home!
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

Bruno of NH

Things tend to slow a little after the framing is done
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

SwampDonkey

Yes for sure, only I think you measure the progress somewhat different because of the finer details. :)

SwampDonkey

The end of week 1:

We have 4 days into it because of a cold rain all day Thursday. :)

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

SwampDonkey

smiley_biggrin01

Yes, sir-ree. I climbed to the top for a view out over the basement entry and it grew even bigger.  8)

SwampDonkey

The lift truck is coming on Tuesday to put the roof trusses up. :)

47sawdust

Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

SwampDonkey

SwampDonkey

Oh, and the top floor is going to have a 9' ceiling, even in the dormer where the big round top window is. The dormer is 16' wide. My crow's nest. :D The ceiling will slope down to 6', no knocking of heads on ceilings. At least not mine.  ;D

I have been shopping for a rocker, and I got one in Maine last weekend. It's oak and made in USA, sorta. A photo when the porch is on, and ready to rock. ;)

Autocar

Bill

samandothers

Great progress!  Fun to whatch it go up I am sure.

submarinesailor

Thank You Sponsors!