iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New sawmill video

Started by 123maxbars, October 11, 2016, 09:54:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

123maxbars

Haven't made a video in a while to share on here so I turned the cameras on today. Sawed up some WP and some Poplar into 22in 9/4 slabs.
https://youtu.be/7fe6TSugoOA
Sawyer/Woodworker/Timber Harvester
Woodmizer LT70 Super Wide, Nyle L53 and 200 kiln, too many other machines to list.
outofthewoods
Youtube page
Out of the

Sixacresand

Since I have not been home and away from my mill, I enjoyed watching your video. 
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

WDH

Nathan,

Do you end seal the log before and after sawing or only after sawing?
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

123maxbars

I do before I saw them. However the person I got the logs from couldn't remember if he sealed the poplar or not. So I went ahead and sealed them after sawing to be sure.
Sawyer/Woodworker/Timber Harvester
Woodmizer LT70 Super Wide, Nyle L53 and 200 kiln, too many other machines to list.
outofthewoods
Youtube page
Out of the

tnaz

Thanks for sharing Max,

Terry

YellowHammer

YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

Thank You Sponsors!