iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

TJ 225 valve bank leak

Started by mf40diesel, March 10, 2017, 01:48:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mf40diesel

Long story short....  got a replacement valve section for my 'jacks hydraulic bank. One was super sticky and binding.

Was out this morning for a few hours, got back shut er down and released the hydraulics down, heard this "squishy-air" hissing sound....  the bottom vent of both sections is leaking air and a drip or two of fluid... 

I don't believe they were doing that before the shop rebuilt them. Stuffs old I don't expect any sort or warranty, think they just happened to both wear out at the same time?
John Deere 5055e, mfwd. Farmi JL306 Winch. Timberjack 225 Skidder. Splitfire splitter & Stihl saws.

Neilo

I would not worry about a few drops. Particularly if it is not really leaking under pressure when it is running.

mf40diesel

It's more than a few drops. I probably exaggerated in my favor on that one. It's going to be a mud season job, apparently there are some O rings in the bottom that can fairly easily be replaced.
John Deere 5055e, mfwd. Farmi JL306 Winch. Timberjack 225 Skidder. Splitfire splitter & Stihl saws.

North River Energy

If, (for instance) it's a Gresen valve bank, it should probably have 'quad ring' seals rather than standard o-rings.

Neilo

Have you got a wet oily sock yet?

mf40diesel

Haha. So far I've only gotten some oily boots. I'll just get a few oil absorbent pads to fold up under there for now.

Maine logger88

I had the same problem on my 225 lol my father built a Shute out of a pice of duct which kept it off our boots till we were done with the job but I got a complete seal kit and put it back together hasn't leaked abit since. I left the duct tho cause you never know lol
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

Thank You Sponsors!