iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Valve bank problems with Rosin 975 processor

Started by Perrott, June 20, 2017, 01:09:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Perrott

Is anyone familiar with a Rosin975 processor valve bank???
I have an oil leak between the second and third valve bank segments on the 4 bank side of the valve bank
It varies between leaking out 10-20 ltr s an hour under pressure and 10 ltr SAN hour when the machine is shut down. It is on a Timbco 445 exc
It is continually leaking out of the exact same place between the second and third valve bank segments even when the valve bank s were changed over with secondhand valve bank segments which we knew were ok and working on another machine
The leak is on the 4 segment section of the valve bank and oil is leaking even when the machine is shut down and before any solenoids or functions are activated
All of the O rings have been replaced in the segments half a dozen times with new O rings over the last 3 weeks.
I have changed over the second and third segments with segments off a spare Rosin head and it's still leaking. I have added extra washers and tightened down bolts holding the segments in place
It has blown two solenoids in the same place on the second segment on the one day and I have replaced those and there's no more problems with that solenoid now
The feed rollers stopped working and I adjusted the pilot pressure and they're now working but more oil leaking

I have tried increasing and decreasing the pilot pressure but oil still leaking

The head then wouldn't drop after changing O rings but I have resolved that - pilot pressure issues
There appears to be no cracks or warps on the segments the leaking oil is coming from the same place regardless of which segment is changed over

These issues started when I had the oil pum reconditioned

cutbank

I'm just wondering if the replacement o rings are the right thickness  . to get a proper seal you need 2 percent compression in thickness. might want to try metric or standard o rings similar in diameter and various thickness.

mike_belben

Can you post a picture of your valve or even a manufacturer name and part number? Its hard to diagnose stuff one hasnt seen.

How did you ensure the mating surfaces were flat? 
Praise The Lord

bushmechanic

If the problem started after you had your oil pump reconditioned then it stands to reason that you have an issue with your pump. Maybe you have an over pressure in the system and it's affecting your valve. You should get a pressure gauge and check your main relief and your pressure compensator setting. Strange for it to be leaking after it is shut down but it may be the damage is already done from when it started. When you take the O-rings out do they look distorted as if they were forced out of the grooves? I'm not familiar with Timbco machines but I'm sure that there is someone on the forum who is!

kiko

I think maybe you have a cracked section.    A  stuck relief could create  a dead head situation that is cracking the valves in the same place.   Look very closely at the two faces where the leak is,  the crack will be tiny and always a zigzax pattern, any straits  are tooling marks or scrapes are from servicing previously.    Also the tie bolts must be torqued,  don't think you mentioned that. If you  don't know the torque spec , use the standard torque for the size tie bolt . Inspect the plate that the valve mounts too, if warped it can  tension the valve to point of cracking when the hold down bolts are tightened.

Thank You Sponsors!