iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Thanks for the ideas and inspiration

Started by Captain, October 09, 2002, 09:31:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain

>:(It's time to put on the game face and get serious >:(

This is a quick post to thank all of you, especially you senior members, for sharing your talents and experiences.

I have been operating a "hobby" mill (Logosol M7) for about a year and a half.  I have gleaned as much by reading your advice and experiences on this and other forums as I have learned hands-on.  I've been reading the magazines, I've been attending the expos, now I'm getting ready to buy something more serious....

In the time that I have been operating, I have begun to learn my market and my sources, all thanks in large part to lessons learned here.

Thought it best to join in with the fun instead of just being a spectator.  Just know that I have been quietly watching and paying close attention.  

-Captain

Frank_Pender

I for one, say thank you, Captain.  Welcome, a board.  the road runs in two direction.  Let is know what and where you are operating s well as sharing with us your learning curve. :)
Frank Pender

Bibbyman

Welcome Captain,  

Keep those cards and letters coming in.  

A lot of times the guy just starting out will find interesting ways to salve problems that some of us with more experience will overlook.  Always room for new thought on this Fourm. ::)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Tom

Hey Cap'n
happy to have you join in.

Do you have any pictures of your Logoso?  I don't think there are any of an M7 on the forum yet.

Are you going to keep it when you get a larger mill?  I would.  I can't seem to throw anything away :D :D :D

Captain

Oh yes, I've had a lot of curves while I've been learnin'
(especially when quartersawing red oak) ::)

I've learned that accepting credit cards and paying the 2% is worth getting paid immediately.

I've learned to cut the logs immediately in the summertime, let the air get to the stacks, and that sawdust dries quickly and the horses like pine the best for bedding.

I've learned that while a customer usually preferrs accuracy and quality over speed, they still appreciate the job being complete before promised.

I've learned that stickers are just like money, there's never enough.

I've learned that there is nothing more satisfying that looking at a completed structure or piece of furniture that you built from your wood that you milled for the first time .. even if it took you ten times longer that it should have.

I've learned that sawdust is an addictive drug, and like other addictive drugs, it can consume your life if you are the least bit ambitious about it... ;D

Also after 5-6Mbf with the Logosol,

I FEEL THE NEED FOR SPEED

JoeyLowe

;D  Welcome Captain!

Sawdust is addictive.  Speaking of credit cards, I just got one of those new-fangled toys that allows me to accept credit cards at the mill site using wireless technology.  It's pretty cool and is very similar to those used by the guys who accept your car rental return at airports.  Is anyone else accepting credit cards? 8)
--
Joey Lowe

"Working towards perfection has to be a part of anything one does.  You've got to put yourself into it." ... Sam Maloof (chairmaker)

Tom

Yep, you're doing just fine.  The older you get, the more work you'll want the mill to do. :D

woodman

Welcome Cap looks like the Bay State is slowley taken over  8) 8)
Jim Cripanuk

Thank You Sponsors!