iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Special Invitation for Forestry Forum Members!

Started by Jeff, April 19, 2003, 08:33:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

In Michigan We are celebrating the 100th anniversary of state forests, and as Forestry Forum members and their families, you are receiving a special invitation to attend. This is by invite only!  The party is at North Higgins Lake State Park in Higgins Lake Michigan. Smokey Bear and Woodsy Owl will be there. All registered Forestry Forum members are welcome. This is Free to Forestry Forum Members and their families. You must be a registered member to attend this event.
Your day will include:

Lunch | Forest Fest Activities | T-Shirts | Door Prizes | DART Simulated Hunt Games | Crafts | Tree Seedlings | SPEND THE DAY AT THE BEACH! (Higgens lake is listed as one of the top 10 most beautiful lakes in the world) | Explore the Uplands Nature Trail | Visit the Civilian Conservation Corp Museum | Fire Prevention Equipment and Displays | Get your picture taken with Smokey Bear and Woodsy Owl |
Participate in many other activities!!

You must RSVP by July 2003, by calling Ada Takacs at 989 275 5151 extension 2049 or go to the Adopt-a Forest Website created by Ada and I and register there. You must enter your group on the web form as "The Forestry Forum" Your RSVP will be checked against your forum membership.

Click on the banner at the top to go to the website and reserve your spot! I sure hope to see some of you there!

Jeff...
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Frank_Pender

Jeff, have a special on ariline ticketes as well?  I am about 3000 miles away as the crow flys.  
Frank Pender

Jeff

Sawyerfortyish

Frank you could always wrap a towel around your head and hijack one i'm sure that will get you some place closer ::) :D
  Jeff sounds like a good time and a lot of fun

Frank_Pender

Sawyer40, I would be prevented from getting on the airline anyway, as I always wear a tin hat. ;D
Frank Pender

RavioliKid

Oh! That sounds fantastic!  8)

And, I will be back in Michigan by then, no matter what I end up doing this summer. Count me in! I'll have to go through the registration process...

Reminder to self...Don't forget to register for the picnic.
RavioliKid

johncinquo

Jeff that is so nice of you to throw me a big bash on my birthday!   I will be in Traverse City doin the winery tour thing that weekend, but I am going to surely schedule that afternoon around skipping over to Higgins lake to check it out and meet some FF friends.   Hope to see you there.  
To be one, Ask one
Masons and Shriners

OneWithWood

It is only an 8 hr drive.  Maybe I will make a weekend of it.  It would be nice to meet some of the FFers.
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

whitepe

Jeff,
August 9th is the same day as the Les Cheneaux
Antique Boat show.  Becky said I could drive down
to Higgins lake while she goes to the boat show
so I think that I'm going to make it.   8)
Whitepe

blue by day, orange by night and green in between

Jeff

Ah, tell Becky to come too. The boat show ain't changed in 10 years. :) It'll still be there next year. The Forestry anniversary picnic wont happen again till 2103 ;D

Be sure to register! (Tell Becky the Anniversary T-shirts are free, the boat show shirts will cost her 12 bucks)

I'm not sure of our plans surrounding that day but might be doing the cabin thing too.  

Jeff

Perry your tractor is growing and taking over my 15 inches of viewable space. :o

Rick Schmalzried

Jeff,
Just look at how bad of a photographer he is.  He completely missed the basketball goal and almost cut his kid off.  :D  :D  :D

On the real topic...what time do you expect activities to start and finish?  Secondly, are you going to try and have people stay in hotels in close proximity in case we want to mingle into the wee hours?  If so, do you have recommendations on a specific hotel on the recommended list?

--Rick
_         
|_| .  _ |
| \ | |_ |<

whitepe

Jeff,
I'll leave Becky in Hessel. What about if I bring Becky's
Dad instead?    He talks trees.   ;D
PEW.
P.S. You can shrink the tractor photo if you want.
Ain't that green purty   :D  Can't believe Becky
said yes.  It pays to keep her in critters.
Do you want donations for a 19 or 21 inch monitor
or at least a 17 inch monitor?  ::)

Furby

RavioliKid

Hey, Jeff,

What is the link for the Adopt-a-forest website?
RavioliKid

Jeff

Just click on the colorful banner at the top of the page that says picnic.

Or www.cleanforests.org/picnic.htm  :)

Tom

Anybody got the Phone number for Nine-one-one? :D :D :D

Sorry Rav,  I'm not making fun of you.  It's just that a fellow doesn't get an opening like that too often and I hate to see an opportunity like that get by me. :D

Jeff

Tom, next time down remind me and I'll program it into your speed dial for you. ;)

Tom

Sp..e...e...e....d.....Di..u..h....l...............??

who..w..aht woo..uhd we do with-a spe.e..e...e...d.. di..u..h...l?

My phone line  won't werk if i puntch the num-bers too fasst. :-/  :)

RavioliKid

D'oh!

Is my face red? :-[

I thought I had tried to click on that. I guess not...

Uh, do you have the number for 9-1-1?
RavioliKid

Tom

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D   Your special.

Rick Schmalzried

Hey Rav...
Don't worry too much about asking about the link.  I ended up doing a google search to find the page.  I was just about to ask myself before I found it the hard way.  :D  :D

--Rick
_         
|_| .  _ |
| \ | |_ |<

Jeff

Rick are you coming?

Whitepe, bring the dad-in-law! Don't forget to register and include him!

Rick Schmalzried

Jeff,
I will know in the next couple of weeks.  It sounds like it would be a nice vacation for the family.  That's why I was asking if there was a specific hotel that I should check out.  I am actually in process of building a new workshop and so it will depend on how the finances finally come out as to whether we go anywhere this year!   :D  I will have to stop splurging on items to have any hope.

I insulated the floor and put water pipes for floor heating, I am installing 2x6 walls for better insulation, I found 2 gorgeous large misordered windows when I was looking for 'cheap' windows.  Unfortunatly they were 2 1/2x the cost, (I still bought them).  Finally I am custom building the rafters to give a 10 foot ceiling with 8 foot walls. 8) 8)

I will attach photos later this week when I remove the plastic off the concrete slab.  I also will be posting some questions on interior paneling one of these days....

--Rick

PS, whitepe said he was tossing his cookies the other night and that was the problem....... ;D
_         
|_| .  _ |
| \ | |_ |<

whitepe

They weren't Oreos or chocolate chip   ;D
Yep, I was mussing with the cookies the other nights
I'll fix it at home tonight.

Thank You Sponsors!