iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Recent work off the lathe

Started by Larry, February 12, 2018, 03:27:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larry

Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Kindlinmaker

Beautiful work. You're obviously a master of segmented turning. I would be happy to achieve these results without the glue-ups. Very nice. Look forward to seeing more of your work.
If you think the boards are twisted, wait until you meet the sawyer!

Kbeitz

Wow... You can come hang at my house anytime...
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

WLC

Woodmizer LT28
Branson 4wd tractor
Stihl chainsaws
Elbow grease.

21incher

Wow, they are amazing.  smiley_clapping smiley_clapping smiley_clapping
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

cbay

DPatton

Beautiful segmented turnings. I also like the off centered circular patterns on the backs of those hand mirrors.

TimberKing 1600, 30' gooseneck trailer, Chevy HD2500, Echo Chainsaw, 60" Logrite.

Work isn't so bad when you enjoy what your doing.
D & S Sawmill Services

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Wildflower

Larry are those bracelets?if so how much. I love those
Co-owner of The Forestry Forum.

Ed_K

Ed K

samandothers

Larry

Thanks for all the nice comments :).

Wildflower check your PM.
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

51cub

Great work, Larry! I'm happy to get a reasonable honey dipper
I believe in the hereafter, because every time I take two steps into the tool crib to get something I wonder " what did I come in here after"

If nothing else I'm always a good last resort or the guy to hold up as a bad example

justallan1

WDH

I could not SEE myself making those  ;D.  Beautiful, Sir.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

747mopar

Great work, those look top notch!

ToddsPoint

Beautiful.  If my wife saw those bracelets she'd be telling me to buy a wood lathe.  Gary
Logosol M7, Stihl 660 and 290, Kubota L3901.

SlowJoeCrow

Wow, wow, WOW!!  I'm gonna take a wild guess and say this isn't your first rodeo.  How long have you been turning?

starmac

I am wondering if you should be called a woodworker, or an artists. Beautiful work.
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Larry

Quote from: SlowJoeCrow on February 15, 2018, 10:35:05 AM
Wow, wow, WOW!!  I'm gonna take a wild guess and say this isn't your first rodeo.  How long have you been turning?

55 years ago I turned a cup.  For the next 51 years I would turn something in support of my flat work.  I disliked turning and was not good because I had no idea what I was doing.  Four years ago I took a week long turning class.  Still was not hooked until I joined a turning club three years ago.  One of our members conducted an informal segmented turning class most of the summer that I attended.  I've also attended some other formal classes.  Now I usually turn something one or two days a week.  I have so much to still learn.

Quote from: starmac on February 15, 2018, 04:45:48 PM
I am wondering if you should be called a woodworker, or an artists. Beautiful work.

Artists have studios with wine and cheese snacks.  I have a grungy shop with beer when I can afford it, so I guess I'm a woodworker. :D

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!