iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Roasted Garlic

Started by Weekend_Sawyer, March 22, 2018, 07:56:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weekend_Sawyer

I have been meaning to try this for a couple of years now and finally made one last night to go with our venison and roasted potato dinner.

Roasting garlic is simple, take a whole head of garlic, remove most of the outer paper, cut off the top so the cloves are exposed, drizzle with olive oil and put in the oven or grill for about an hour.

It's done when a tooth pick slides in a clove with no resistance. I take a knife and pull out a clove at a time. It spreads like butter and is delicious on steak and potatoes.

</br></br>
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

sprucebunny

I love roasted garlic !

I'm not quite as fussy about making it. Break up a whole head of garlic and throw it in the pan next time you roast a chicken. Mm-mm good  ;D
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Raider Bill

I do the same thing pretty regular. Love me some garlic!
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

LeeB

Hot peppers and garlic will cure what ails ya. 
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

sawguy21

Another fan here. 8) Karen would drizzle olive oil over garlic, sweet onions, and roma tomatoes then roast them. Went into the freezer for sauces. It made chili, pasta or stew come alive.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Raider Bill

This thread reminded me I have to roast some red peppers this weekend.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

DPatton

Makes good garlic toast too.
TimberKing 1600, 30' gooseneck trailer, Chevy HD2500, Echo Chainsaw, 60" Logrite.

Work isn't so bad when you enjoy what your doing.
D & S Sawmill Services

coxy

sounds good ill try some 

luvmexfood

Roasted some one time and made roasted garlic mashed potatoes. Just threw them in potatoes before mashing. One of the best things I ever ate. 8)
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

sawguy21

That is very good. I wrap potatoes, carrots and parsnip along with butter, onion and garlic in tin foil and place on the upper rack of the grill for 40 minutes turning once. Is that ever good with chops or a steak.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Thank You Sponsors!