iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

General Woodmizer Questions

Started by redneckman, April 25, 2018, 08:23:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redneckman

Hello everyone, 
I have about 35 hours on my new mill, and I am starting to get really aquanited with it.  However, I have a few questions that I was curious if anyone could help me with.

1-Accusett 2 or switch issue - Sometimes when I am using the auto down, or pattern mode, and when the head comes back, I pull the switch lever to make the head go down to the next cut, and nothing happens.  It is like the switch is not working, or the Accuset looses its memeory.  I  turn the mill off and restart it.  I then reset the blade height in the manual mode, and then press the auto down or pattern mode, pull the switch and the head will move where it is supposed to go.  It will do this at least a half a dozen times a day.  Has this ever happened to any of you?

2-Oil in Diesel - I was reading on some other threads where guys are adding 2 cycle oil or ATF to thier diesel to substitute for the low sulfur diesel.  I can see how this would help.  The main thing that I did not see is how much they are adding to a gallon of fuel.  Does anyone know?

3-Mill Modifications - I would like to incorporate a blade storage system and tool box on my mill that I can remove when I get to the mill site.  Has anyone did this that they would like to share some pics?  I also want to mount a unbrella to the head to give some shade in the summer time.  

Thanks.

DR Buck

I had a similar issue with Accuset 2 several years ago.   I was not hitting the down arm hardd enough  to trigger t he drop.

For the umbrella mount check my gallery for photos.

Sawmill Sun Shade -
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

barbender

I will only comment on #2- I wouldn't add anything other than diesel approved lubricity additives such as Power Service, especially on a newer diesel with any emissions equipment. My understanding of ULSD is that the refinery adds lubricant to the fuel, if they didn't it we would take pumps out immediately. I was also reading a study where the most effictive lubricant was biodesel, so if you can get fuel that has bio in it (MN mandates 5-10% bio) that is good stuff, just watch it if it starts to get cold out.
Too many irons in the fire

Jim_Rogers

Here I show how I do an umbrella above my mill:
Need shade! in Sawmills and Milling

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

PAmizerman

As to #1
I upgraded to accuset II about a year ago and I sometimes had this issue. I put dielectric grease on the connections and that took care of it.
Woodmizer lt40 super remote 42hp Kubota diesel. Accuset II
Hydraulics everywhere
Woodmizer edger 26hp cat diesel
Traverse 6035 telehandler
Case 95xt skidloader
http://byrnemillwork.com/
WM bms250 sharpener
WM bmt250 setter
and a lot of back breaking work!!

MartyParsons

Hello, 
   Accuset II  like the others said dielectric grease on the wire connections. The Accuset is accurate if it does not reach the mark it may abort and not let you go to the next set because it has not reached the first setting. Lube the mast with ATF it could be binding just a little. There is also a break on the gear box check to make sure it is in good condition. There are some adjustments that can be changed but only do that if you get the correct info from Sparks. 

Diesel I would not add anything to the fuel. It is designed to run on what comes out of the pump. 

Marty
"A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." -Winston Churchill

firefighter ontheside

I would only be worried about older Diesel engines that were not designed for ULSD.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Thank You Sponsors!