iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Rolly ll versus four-roller

Started by deastman, May 16, 2018, 07:06:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deastman

How do they compare? The Rolly looks more heavy duty, does it work better in big hardwood,  more delimbing power than the four-roller? My four-roller has been really reliable but it struggles in bigger hardwood, I know it has a lot to do with the size of the carrier and mine is kinda small
Samsung 130 LCM-3 with Fabtek 4-roller and Cat 554 forwarder, Cat EL 180 excavator, Cat D3C dozer, Cat D7E dozer, '92 Ford LTL 9000 dump, Easy-2-Load 25 Ton tag-a-long, current project under construction: '91 Peterbilt 379 with a Hood 8000 w/extenda-boom loader

BargeMonkey

I bought quite a bit of hardwood off someone with a Timberpro / Rolly last yr and once it got into bigger limbs you where crudely sawing them off, much sweep you could see how it gouged. I'm seeing more and more of them for sale, I've talked with Woodland on some parts and they seem to stand behind the Rollys pretty good. 
 Have you seen the "Timberheads" made in WI ? I think at somepoint that's the route I'm going, the 24" dangle on a 153. They do also make 2x fixed heads which do 24-28". 

Skeans1

Another option would be a skidmore head.

bushmechanic

Well the four roller still has only two drive motors on it and I see there are conversion kits now to change them to two rollers. I can't comment on the Rolly as I have never saw one here.

Skeans1

One huge advantage with the 4 roller heads is you can drive them up a tree vs a two in a kink you'll be stuck even with a float.

deastman

Those Timberheads look like a nice head. I think the dangle heads follow the tree better but I'm not sure if they work better in hardwood.
Samsung 130 LCM-3 with Fabtek 4-roller and Cat 554 forwarder, Cat EL 180 excavator, Cat D3C dozer, Cat D7E dozer, '92 Ford LTL 9000 dump, Easy-2-Load 25 Ton tag-a-long, current project under construction: '91 Peterbilt 379 with a Hood 8000 w/extenda-boom loader

Skeans1

Most of the newer fixed heads have a float function that will allow it to follow the tree vs drive them with your feet like the 2000 head.

Thank You Sponsors!