iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Linenfold?

Started by Don P, May 17, 2018, 10:00:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don P

We've been asked to provide a slab that will be used as a wedding register. At lunch today we were kicking around ideas and species. I think it should probably be a denser white wood, maybe maple or beech and then I thought of a relief that looked like an open book or a linenfold. Its beyond anything I've ever attempted. Has anyone ever done something like this, tips, techniques, no ways?

Southside

When is the wedding? Next weekend?  I had a guy call the other day for a dance floor he needed for a wedding, this weekend.  I got it done, but yowza.  
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Don P

We've got till September, which is good, I don't think we have anything smooth hard and white in the piles, although it isn't a large piece so maybe there's something in one of our barn stashes. There is some butternut, poplar, white oak, ambrosia red maple, etc but I don't think those would be a good sign in surface. Getting out there a glue up with walnut for the "covers" of a book and white wood for the pages but I'm probably getting over the top, this is more country themed so I'm thinking probably natural edged blending into an open page effect.

Thank You Sponsors!