iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Practice doors

Started by DMcCoy, December 28, 2018, 01:42:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DMcCoy

I got tired of my sliding doors in the shop uppers.  I also wanted to improve my joinery.  I made a spacer to cut 5/16" T&G with my dado set - I used 5/16" T&G for the door insert.  Used Watco Teak oil for finish.  These 2 were worth hanging the other 2 went in the wood stove.  Still need practice but they look nice enough for a shop.  Made from Douglas fir I cut with my mill.

alan gage

Those look great. I've always liked the look of douglas fir. 

Alan
Timberking B-16, a few chainsaws from small to large, and a Bobcat 873 Skidloader.

Bruno of NH

I have a sweet spot for dougfir 
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

GAB

Quote from: DMcCoy on December 28, 2018, 01:42:29 PM
Part of what was written:
These 2 were worth hanging the other 2 went in the wood stove.  
If you really did put them in the stove that is one sure way of wasting time trying to fix or improving them.
My wood stove has had so many of my mistakes it has a right to have acid indigestion.
There comes a time when it is best to cut you losses.
Gerald
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

Dan_Shade

They look nice. I really like the clean look of an inset door  

They can be tricky to get to line up correctly.  You did a great job.
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

terrifictimbersllc

Maybe I should be worried but I can't seem to remember much about anything that went into the wood stove.  :D
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

DR Buck

Quote from: terrifictimbersllc on December 30, 2018, 02:03:42 PM
Maybe I should be worried but I can't seem to remember much about anything that went into the wood stove.  :D
Maybe I need to install a wood stove in my shop?   :D
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

Thank You Sponsors!