iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Anyone ever had this break on their Wood-Mizer? Also, what's the name for it?

Started by RPowers, January 19, 2019, 11:00:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RPowers

I took my lower drive belt guards off to check the belt tension as I have about 20 hours on a new belt, and this fell out when I pulled the covers. 

How it didn't get into and break anything important while the mill was running I don't know. I need to order a new one but have no idea what it is called and where to find it in the parts lists. Also, what is the proper way to position this on the mill in relation to the drive belt? Thanks in advance! 

Ryan
2013 Woodmizer LT28G25 (sold 2016)
2015 Woodmizer LT50HDD47

Brad_bb

What year and model mill?  Do you have the manual that has the exploded parts diagrams?
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

Southside

I am assuming that is from your 50?  If your mill is registered with Wood-Mizer go to your account and you can get into the exploded parts by category.  Go to the head section, I have to think something will match up in the diagram so you can get the right answers.  
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

RPowers

It is  a 2015 LT50. I've browsed all the exploded head diagrams and didn't see it. Doesn't mean it isn't hidden there somewhere I just havent found it yet. 
2015 Woodmizer LT50HDD47

Southside

Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

terrifictimbersllc

Mine is called a "clutch enhancement weldment" and is listed in the parts finder engine>d42> drive assembly, $22. Never had it break.

p.s. in your parts manuals, would probably be shown in the engine supplement booklet where the belt is shown.
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

moosehunter

It is a belt guard. Mounts so that that round end is just off the drive belt below your drive pulley.  I believe that it just keeps the belt from flopping too much during engagement and release.
mh
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

Magicman

It is positioned just below the engine drive pulley and adjusted so that it keeps the belt from flopping during disengagement and still allowing the belt to creep.  This disengaged creeping is necessary to keep the belt from getting hot/burning against the turning drive pulley.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Chuck White

In my "LT40" manual it says position it so that there is 1/8 inch clearance between it and the drive belt, when the drive belt is tensioned!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Sixacresand

"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

John Bartley

Quote from: Sixacresand on January 20, 2019, 09:25:09 AM
Can it be welded?
Yes it can be welded.

Belt guides are not made of any special metal and are not heat treated.  The key thing is the alignment. that affects operation and belt life span. Follow the instructions in the manual.
Kioti DK35HSE w/loader & forks
Champion 25hp band mill, 20' bed
Stihl MS361
Stihl 026

RPowers

2015 Woodmizer LT50HDD47

MartyParsons

Yes weld it. Not real pricey . 
The bolt will need to slide in the grove. 
Marty
"A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." -Winston Churchill

Thank You Sponsors!