iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Timber Framing in Southern CT

Started by Jim_Rogers, April 15, 2019, 11:39:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Rogers

This past Saturday, I traveled to southern CT of go to a workshop that I had never been to before.
It was being held in a commercial space not far from the host's business.
There were some 60 people there working on joints for a barn to be erected in NJ in September.

The instructor was a very nice man and he let me set up my tools for sale display in one of the spaces to the right of the above picture.

I had a great time and met lots of timber framers.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

Jimor22

Hi Jim,
I was at the workshop.  It was my first lesson in timber framing.  I had a great time learning and meeting folks.  You had quality tools to sell and gave me some helpful pointers.  I look forward to learning more and starting my first project.  I think it will be a shed for my tractor.  Something simple.   Thanks for being at the workshop.

Jon

Brad_bb

smiley_thumbsup  Good thing you had that forklift to hold up that boring machine.
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

Dana Stanley

Making Sawdust, boards and signs.
Woodland Mills HM-126
Kabota B-7800 with backhoe and loader
Ford Ranger, Husqvarna 455 20", Mac 610 24", other chainsaws 14", 23 ton log splitter
Matthew 3:10

Jim_Rogers

Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

Dana Stanley

How many times a year do they have classes? It seems like a reasonable price. I really got a lot out of the class at Shaker Village last year. Jack, Dave and Neil are very talented craftsmen! It was a pleasure to learn from them.
Making Sawdust, boards and signs.
Woodland Mills HM-126
Kabota B-7800 with backhoe and loader
Ford Ranger, Husqvarna 455 20", Mac 610 24", other chainsaws 14", 23 ton log splitter
Matthew 3:10

Thank You Sponsors!