iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Paint color for Woodmizer

Started by jpgreen, January 09, 2006, 11:11:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jpgreen

Does anyone happen to know if there is a color number/brand for WoodMizer orange paint?
-95 Wood-Mizer LT40HD 27 Hp Kawasaki water cooled engine-

VA-Sawyer

I bought a gal. straight from WM. They have two colors, the old orange and the new one. The old one was a redder orange. It seems to be a pretty decent quality of paint.
Rick

Jeff

Seems to me I remember someone saying go to NAPA and ask for industrial orange, but I may be imagining that....

Just my ol bologna  smiley_sombrero
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

LeeB

Does that mean the older ones had red envy? Just kidding. I had to get in a punch for us TimberKing guys. LeeB
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

jpgreen

Thanks guys.

I like the newer orange.

I was thinking of using an air brush, and working a section at a time, simply because I don't have a decent shop to paint the whole thing in.

Rockn H

I repainted mine with Alice Chambers orange and it seemed to match really well.  Here's another post you can check out.
broker farmer

You should paint that mill "jail bird orange"!  'Cause you ought to be in jail for the way you "stole" that mill!  hahaha

jpgreen

Paschale

Jeff is right...Napa carries the orange color that WM uses.  I called them, and they gave me the exact code for the paint mix that you will want to use.  Of course...I can't find it now ::), but if you call them up, they'll gladly give you the serial number or code number which you can take to NAPA.
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

jpgreen

I got a Valspar number from Woodmizer: AKE WO74

They want $85 plus shipping (maybe even a hazmat fee) which is way more than I need or want to pay.

I'll call Napa, and I'm trying to track down a Valspar dealer.

johnjbc

I used   J I Case Flambeau Red from Tractor Supply and it matches pretty good.
LT40HDG24, Case VAC, Kubota L48, Case 580B, Cat 977H, Bobcat 773

Larry

Why do you want to paint the mill orange?  There is already 30,000 or so orange mills.  I would suggest maybe purple with yellow lightening bolts...few big white shark teeth on the band covers.  Maybe flames on the other side. :D ;D :D ;D

At least people would be able to tell you apart from the 30,000 other orange mills. :)
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Tom

I'm with you, Larry.   Pink with a border of Mauve and Lime accents.  :D  It has to be pretty.  I've seen houses painted those colors.  ;D

Stick your chest out and dare someone to say it ain't pretty.  :D :D

Don K

White with Black Stripes         :D :D :D
Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

rbarshaw

I'm all for high gloss metal flake black with a coat of laquer to make ik look deep!!!
Been doing so much with so little for so long I can now do anything with nothing, except help from y'all!
By the way rbarshaw is short for Robert Barshaw.
My Second Mill Is Shopbuilt 64HP,37" wheels, still a work in progress.

getoverit

I'm all for a coat of "Forest Green"

At least you can look at it when its cutting those big logs and yell   ""RUN FOREST!""
I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok, I work all night and sleep all day

Rockn H

Here's a paint code that neslrite posted earlier.  RAL2001   I don't know what brand it is for but a paint dealer should be able to tell you.  Most dealers can cross over another brands code to their own.  They may not be able to cross all brands, but looks like you have several to pick from here already. ;D
I kinda like the other guys idea.  Just use some vaseline to cover the man. information stickers and paint the mill a custome color that will really stand out. ;D

Bibbyman

What about all the decals and stickers?
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

jpgreen

I figured wiith all the...

huge WM machinery laying around you wouldn't mind peeling off a few for me Bibby..  ;D

Well- talked to Napa, and they use martin senour paint and siad they could match it up for bout $31 a gal for a commercial coating.  I'm gonna give em' that color code number RH.. thanks.

I'm toying with the idea of buying a few spray cans from Woodmizer and paint around the engine areas when I pull the old one off.  Then it will be good around the new engine. I could have em match righ off the can too.

27 hp Water Cooled Kawasaki comin' my way..  8) 8) 8) :) 8) 8) 8)

Prolly won't be able to paint the ugly sucka til spring with this weather anayways unless someone up here with a nice big warm shop shows pitty on me and my perdicument..  :D

Jeff

We always have good idears when it comes to painting equipment. This is one of those good ones right here...
https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?topic=12877.0
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

leweee

Poke- a - Dots :D :D :D I just couldn't help myself  :D :D :D :D :D
just another beaver with a chainsaw &  it's never so bad that it couldn't get worse.

Rockn H

Neon Pink.  Now that's a real MAN's sawmill.  Only a REAL man can get away with having a mill that color. :D :D

Paschale

Quote from: Bibbyman on January 10, 2006, 10:19:25 PM
What about all the decals and stickers?

I've been wondering about that myself, when I actually get around to redoing my WM too.  The fonts and printing are different now, so just asking woodmizer for replacement stickers/decals wouldn't work too well.

You'd have to find a way to copy the origninals, if you want it to be authentic.  Haven't figured that one out just yet.  Thought about taking a several high detailed photographs, sorta panoramic like, and stitch them together.  Somehow convert them to black and white, then take that to a print shop that could make decals.  Could be sorta a crapshoot method, but it just might work.   ???
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

GrampawGriz

It looks like I might be the real crazy one here. IF I can get into this milling business with an LT35, I'll be pulling it with a 2000, 3/4-ton Dodge extended cab long bed...and I'm gonna paint the truck to match the Wood Mizer. 

😎

Griz

Oliver05262

Grampaw, you might wanna sleep on that idea. Take a couple pictures of your truck and paint it with a computer program to see if you'd really, really want to drive around in that all the time. 
   I know John Deere green looks right purty on a tractor. but it sucks on a truck or pretty much anything that is not a tractor.
   Beauty is all in the eye of the beholder, as they say..................
Oliver Durand
"You can't do wrong by doing good"
It's OK to cry.
I never did say goodby to my invisible friend.
"I woke up still not dead again today" Willy
Don't use force-get a bigger hammer.

Thank You Sponsors!