Supersharp Blades are great

Started by fishpharmer, October 13, 2009, 06:03:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishpharmer

I have been using your Supersharp blades lately with great success.  Even with my wide cutting saw and relatively low horsepower they work extremely well.
Thanks
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

ely

mine should be here any day. i am wanting to give them a test.

mburrow

I had and ran the SS's for a while now, and really like them, mine were sent 6 degree with a note in the box that I could sharpen them to the 8 degree and a few other instructions
The key thing about the SS is that they made the tooth taller and make a crisper tip to the tooth which in turn deepened the gullet to carry away the saw dust.

fishpharmer

I still have alot to learn about blades (and sawing in general for that matter) and I didn't really pay much attention to the angle, tip or gullet.  I did pay attention to the fact that they cut longer before dulling.  Now I really didn't keep up with bf.  And i do intend to measure the difference (someday).  They truly just cut better than my old blades that I also bought from Cooks. Glad its not just me. Try em. 8)
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

5quarter

Fishfarmer...I agree. Supersharps are great. even though I don't have the HP to take full advantage of the blades capability, I still enjoy faster cutting and longer duty cycles between sharpenings. Their achilles heel is dirty logs.  tips tear up alot when cutting through mud and grit. So I have fixed the problem by not continuing to saw through mud and grit. instead, I take a few minutes and power wash the logs on deck before I start sawing. 1-2 blades gets me though a full day of sawing. 8) 8)  Fish...do you sharpen your own blades or do you send them out to Cooks?
What is this leisure time of which you speak?
Blue Harbor Refinishing