Previous topic - Next topic

Deese

2004 LT40 Super 51hp w/6' bed extension
Cooks AE4P Edger
Cat Claw sharpener/Dual Tooth Setter
Kubota svl75-2 skidsteer w/grapple, forks, brushcutter
1977 Log Hog Knuckleboom loader/truck

Andries

For those that haven't been there - yet.

Two views of CustomSawyer's place.
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

Deese

Andries, meeting you was such a pleasure. Wow, what a great guy! I've made many new friends over the past few years because of this forum. And I've personally got to meet many of you because of a generous man named Jake Dean. Jake, thank you for everything you do for us big fella! Thank you for always taking the time to answer any questions I have and for simply putting up with me! I can hardly wait so see you all again. We are all so fortunate to have this forum and those like Jake Dean with us because how else would we all get together!? Anyways, it was a blast. Here are a few random pics I took and not taking the time to caption them from my cell phone. Good Night friends! 
2004 LT40 Super 51hp w/6' bed extension
Cooks AE4P Edger
Cat Claw sharpener/Dual Tooth Setter
Kubota svl75-2 skidsteer w/grapple, forks, brushcutter
1977 Log Hog Knuckleboom loader/truck

Andries

123maxbars said that he was getting some terrific footage with his drone.
Looking forward to seeing the final edit!
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

Andries

The "Three Wise Men of the RRQS"
Yellowhammer, WDH and CustomSawyer.

Thank you Jake for hosting the Georgia Project, again.
It is well worth every mile to hang out with all the sawyers from the Deep South.
. .  and thank you to 'all y'all' that repeated what you just said, to the guy from Canada that was trying to translate understand comprehend the local language.  :D  ;)  :D
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

Nomad

As always, Jake hosted a great event.  And as always, it was a fine thing to meet back up with old friends and make some new ones, and get an opportunity to learn more than I knew before.  Thanks again Jake and Tammy for putting this on!  Already looking forward to the next one.
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

WDH

The Yin and the Yang.  The Yin is the short one, and the Yang is the tall one.

Yellowhammer explaining the RRQS (reverse roll quartersawing) technique.  Step one, understanding the log.

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

A 1 legged Yin and a Yellow Yang in their natural habitat. 😂😂😂
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

customsawyer

Some great pictures. I went to upload mine and realized I didn't take any. Oppps.

This is one of all my pictures.

Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

jmouton

finally home , almost 1700 miles but it was worth it , thanks again to jake for the hospitality ,  we actually learned some good  stuff ,,and it was good to see some familiar faces , had  some good talks with them and an all around good time ,,,
lt-40 wide ,,bobcat,sterling tandem flatbed log truck,10 ton trailer, stihl 075,041,029,066,and a 2017 f-350,oh and an edger

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: customsawyer on April 16, 2018, 04:57:58 PM
Some great pictures. I went to upload mine and realized I didn't take any. Oppps.

This is one of all my pictures.

You've lost weight.  :D :D :D

customsawyer

Thanks for  noticing. I've been working at it for awhile 
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

123maxbars

thanks for sharing those pics, Jake has an awesome set up, gave me lots of ideas for my own log yard. 

After 8 hours or reviewing/editing footage I finally finished the video from last weekends sawing. 

I should have it uploaded by 9pm this evening, I will post a link when it is online.

Nathan, 
Sawyer/Woodworker/Timber Harvester
Woodmizer LT70 Super Wide, Nyle L53 and 200 kiln, too many other machines to list.
outofthewoods
Youtube page
Out of the

customsawyer

www.thecustomsawyer.com

flatrock58

I would like to thank Jake and Tammy for opening up there home and making everyone feel so welcome.  Great food, fellowship and weather.  As usual there was lots to see and learn.  Every year Jake gets more neat toys.  I didn't get to stay last year to see the RRQS so it was great to see the masters making it look easy.  I really appreciate Gene taking the time so share his knowledge too. Was nice to get to make some new friends and see some old ones again.

2001 LT40 Super Kubota 42
6' extension
resaw attachment
CBN Sharpener
Cooks Dual Tooth Setter
Solar Kiln

123maxbars

The video is up, it runs about 20 minutes which is a bit long for my usually videos, 
I think this video shows what a great weekend we had, hope you guys enjoy.
Make sure you watch till the end, a goat tried to steal the show!

EPIC SAWMILL WEEKEND IN GEORGIA, WOOD-MIZER LT70 SAWING PINE AND SYCAMORE - YouTube
Woodmizer LT70 Super Wide, Nyle L53 and 200 kiln, too many other machines to list.
outofthewoods
Youtube page
Out of the

Red Clay Hound

Great job on the video 123maxbars!
2007 Wood-Mizer LT40 Super Hydraulic with 51 hp. Cat; 2007 Wood-Mizer EG200 Twin Blade Edger; Woodmaster 718 Molder/Planer; Stihl MS460 and MS362 Chainsaws; 2011 John Deere 5065 with JD 553 Loader

Southside

Great video - have to make it there next year.
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

4x4American

Thanks for taking the time to make this vidjayo.  Really wish I was able to make it. Jake's operation is looking awesome.  

Btw there's only one "n" in "planer" lol 
Boy, back in my day..

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I absolutely loved your video Max!   8) 8) 8)

123maxbars

Quote from: 4x4American on April 16, 2018, 10:33:30 PM
Thanks for taking the time to make this vidjayo.  Really wish I was able to make it. Jake's operation is looking awesome.  

Btw there's only one "n" in "planer" lol
noticed that after the 8 hour edit, figured I can live with it  ;D ;D
outofthewoods
Youtube page
Out of the

123maxbars

outofthewoods
Youtube page
Out of the

4x4American

holy cow...8 hours!!  I figured that since you already knew your 123's I'd make sure you got them ABC's lol lol 

But no great job on the video I'm really glad you made it.
Boy, back in my day..

Andries

That is some great video work. Thank you for all the time spent in editing.
It shows the quarter sawing really well, a group of people having some fun, and a bunch of great BBQ being tended to.
Heck, even the music was great!
Well done 123maxbars.
8)
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

customsawyer

Thanks a lot 123 for taking the time. Now you have made me late this morning cause you know I had to watch it. lol
Great job on the video. I think I will stick to sawing.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Thank You Sponsors!